Giant Contend 2 v Raleigh Criterium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Having budget of £500 for a new bike the Easter offer from Trendz brings the Giant Contend 2 into the price range while also making the Raleigh Criterium £425. The Giant seems to be the better bike to my reading but wondered what opinions others may have or whether there is a cheaper bike I should be considering.

vickster

Legendary Member
2016 Defy 3, get Sora rather than Claris and sounds like the Defy is generally better than the Contend frame wise

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p6961/GIANT-DEFY-3-2016

Go ride them all and then decide

Drago

Legendary Member
They may do, but the ad wording suggests the remaining Felts are being sold as KDK's and not ready built machines. If they do have one, then thatnis most excellent news for the OP.

OP
OP
Mike_P

Mike_P

Guru
Defy 1 is available for around £600 if you can increase the budget. 105 11 speed groupset
Excellent spot - found at Rutland with an Easter discount at £574 so took the plunge (or should that be a spin) on it :smile:. Going to be a long wait for Thursday to come :sad:

OP
OP
Mike_P

Mike_P

Guru
Slightly stressful evening and night due to it being despatched yesterday for delivery today rather than today for delivery tomorrow. Thankfully managed to switch my leave and it turned up at 1245 today.

Top Bottom