Giant Defy Composite mudguards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Same thing with the Defy, the back of the fork tapers almost to a point. I expect that is true of almost all carbon forks TBH.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yes I'm surprised they haven't made a bracket with a much narrower shape for this purpose! But I surpose they are trying to be universal? My rear seat stays are quite chubby so they fit those nicely.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Typical of my luck, bought some cruds to fit, had everything lined up and was ready to cut the rear one to fit... double checked everything before going ahead, low and behold... 1 missing screw and nut pair. Dagnabit!

Back to Halfords I go :angry::boxing:
Had some spares in my pack, maybe they were yours!

MikeW-71

Veteran
If you do happen to lose a couple of the fixing screws and nuts by dropping them into long grass at a Sportive :shy: you can zip-tie the struts to the fork mountings. This is how the ones on the front of my alu Defy are attached.

OP
OP
Idoru

Idoru

Had some spares in my pack, maybe they were yours!

That's my kind of luck :rolleyes:

To top it off I must have twisted my back while I was fiddling with the damn things, feel like I've been kicked in the back for the last few days.

I had them 3/4 fitted when I had to abandon and it did look like they'd fit with the 25s (on the back at least). Won't really be able to tell until I complete the job andd take them for a ride.

I was using an old cut up inner tube to add a bit of bulk and protection to the mounting points rather than helicopter tape.

OP
OP
Idoru

Idoru

I'm trying to be more practical this year, it'll probably lead to something falling off my bike at a critical point... but it's a learning experience ^_^

Top Bottom