Giant Defy mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Well, my first set the rear mudguard cracked after a year and with this second set, ascending a rough bit of road at no great speed, with it boinging around (despite being securely fitted) the damn thing has done this.

IMG_20150302_174740681.jpg

It jammed the back wheel so that the rear mech hanger snapped. Rear mech is knackered, the chain broke on a KMC Quick Link and so that's £60 of bits to get rolling again.

Not a happy chappy !

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Can't hit the "like" button for that, rough luck matey. Got the crud catchers 2 on my bike and as yet had no trouble.

Cyclist33

Well, my first set the rear mudguard cracked after a year and with this second set, ascending a rough bit of road at no great speed, with it boinging around (despite being securely fitted) the damn thing has done this.

View attachment 81235

It jammed the back wheel so that the rear mech hanger snapped. Rear mech is knackered, the chain broke on a KMC Quick Link and so that's £60 of bits to get rolling again.

Not a happy chappy !
ride without mudguards then!

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm going to resort to a rear guard which clips onto the seatpost.

It doesn't catch as much or keep the bike as clean but I do have an alternative bike to ride in the rain.

My plan for this year was to keep the Defy for best/dry and in the Autumn sales get a disc braked gravel/cyclecross bike for trails and wet days. I shall just bring that plan forwards a bit !

lpretro1

If you use a seatpost mounted one you will quickly ruin your rear brake mech as all the crud will get into it!

Top Bottom