Giant Escape 3 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Try a longer stem and a layback seatpost if you only need a couple of centimetres

Can't you return it under soga?

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
£299 brand new, set it up and put my own tyres and saddle on and cycled about 500 yards and back, do unused really. If put original unused tyres and saddle back on - how much for pick up only sale?

If I have to box it up and get a courier I think I'd rather chuck it in the skip for an easy life!

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Ha ha

It is bothering me, but maybe cause folk on here have put the idea in my head:laugh:

If I put a stem and post on, I'm looking at more investment. Don't know if it's worth it - it's more outlay if I'm still sitting atop a bike that is annoying me!

Just annoyed at myself really.

Ha ha

It is bothering me, but maybe cause folk on here have put the idea in my head:laugh:

If I put a stem and post on, I'm looking at more investment. Don't know if it's worth it - it's more outlay if I'm still sitting atop a bike that is annoying me!

It is annoying because I have been there and done it.
I bought a Van Nick Zion second hand for a 1000 quid,and such was my need to have it I convinced myself that I could make it work.
Even though it was a good 2.5 " too small.I thought the longer top tube would balance things out.
Not so,it looked ridiculous under me,and I sold it for a whopping £400 less than I paid for it.
It was such a small and unusual size it was hard to shift.Taking a full 3 months to sell.

FWIW, giant thinks you are definitely an M.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/escape.3/22033/83618/

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 23.15.28.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Ha ha

You can always sell the post and stem if you don't keep the bike? £30 outlay to not lose £100 on the bike. If Giant's chart is fairly accurate, trying to make it just a bit bigger could well work

Otherwise, stick it on eBay now at bin for whatever figure you'd accept (remembering to factor in the 10% fees). And Gumtree. Also, try the classifieds on here (I've personally had no success unlike eBay and Gumtree)

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Been in touch with the online store, willing to exchange it if I pay the £30 courier for return, so as long as they are happy with the bike when they get it should be ok in the end.

Never used it but had to assemble it myself, so hopefully I've not made any marks anywhere!

Top Bottom