Giant product testers wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Thought someone might be interested in this...

Want to be a Giant cycling gear product tester for a year?!

We will be choosing 12 Real Riders who will get a gear item each month in return for a monthly blog where you review the products you receive - and we will feature you on our Facebook page, Twitter feed and website throughout the year.

We will choose our lucky 12 on Monday 7th January - so you have until January 6th to tell us why you should be one of our Real Riders crew! We want to know about you, where you will ride, what you will ride, any events you will do and who you will ride with.

Tell us why you should be one of our 12 Real Riders at
or
- we can't wait to hear your stories! Good luck and get writing :-)

I'm 6'5", do I qualify? :tongue:

Sandra6

Veteran
Too late, closing date has already passed.
Ha ha, ignore me, JANUARY!!! That would be next year then.
Should've gone to specsavers.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Giant are meh, but if they supplied a bike and said go thrash this around the local crit circuit and tell us what you think, I would gladly do it! At least it is not my money if I stack it!

Classic PR tactics. Unless these are prototype products and they genuinely want development feedback (which is unlikely) then all you will be doing is advertising their product range free of charge. Try writing a bad blog review about one of the items, and see how long it stays up on the site. They probably won't even let you keep them, either...

zizou

Veteran
Classic PR tactics. Unless these are prototype products and they genuinely want development feedback (which is unlikely) then all you will be doing is advertising their product range free of charge. Try writing a bad blog review about one of the items, and see how long it stays up on the site. They probably won't even let you keep them, either...

I could live with that if they were to give me a TCR Advanced SL or Glory 0 for a year :biggrin:

Drago

Legendary Member
No idea what they mean by 'real riders' though unless there are people who pretend to ride :wacko:
The WWW brigade generally only pretend to ride from what ice seen.

I've put some blathery Bullpois on there, so who knows. I'm a big fan of Giants bikes and have an XtC950 and a Trance X myself, but have little experience of their accessories and clothing. In the unlikely event my lottery numbers come up it could be interesting.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The WWW brigade generally only pretend to ride from what ice seen.

I've put some blathery Bullpois on there, so who knows. I'm a big fan of Giants bikes and have an XtC950 and a Trance X myself, but have little experience of their accessories and clothing. In the unlikely event my lottery numbers come up it could be interesting.
I like Giant too, aside from feeling it looks a bit funny, being a big bloke riding a bike with Giant written on it, as a surprisingly little known brand amongst non-cyclists.

I wanted matching accessories too, which mostly turned out to be cheap crap with a Giant logo on it and a small price increase. The Giant mini-pump I got looked exactly the same as the cheap minipumps Lidls sell once a year down to every detail, knackered a couple of innertube valves with it then the seal broke - it's Lezyne replacement has been faultless. The Giant Bell's pinger bit broke after a few months, where as the ebay replacement has lasted ages. I've still got the mudguards on, but they cost more than SKS Chromoplastics and arent as well built, the guards fit over the end of the stays so they need cutting to size with a hacksaw. The front guard mount bolts onto the top of the forks (crown?) and then the guard clips in, but you can freely move it around the wheel, as can things that get caught. To be fair i dont think they claim to be high end in any way.

Top Bottom