Giant Road E+ 1

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by Foghat, 17 Mar 2017.

Tags:
  1. proton666

proton666 Active Member

Man, love the look of that bike. How did the carbon frame feel?

Neo2 likes this.
  2. TyrannosaurusTreks

TyrannosaurusTreks Formerly known as Giantbadge

It felt really strong & composed, it has the isospeed which takes out most of the bumps making it a smooth ride.
    I would go tubeless & be even better, my first ride on a Bosch motor & a SCRAM groupset quite pleased,
    I was hoping to get a good ride out today but storm Hanna is kicking off.

sight-pin, proton666 and Neo2 like this.
  3. proton666

proton666 Active Member

Wish I could send you a bottle or two of California sunshine. Put that bike to the test. Really interested in a full review.

sight-pin and TyrannosaurusTreks like this.
  4. TyrannosaurusTreks

49362114-F2E4-401D-AEBE-EAAE6F4F34E5.jpeg
    Left at 7am this morning with sunshine, straight away the trek felt good to ride & once over 16mph very little or no resistance from the motor.
    The bike was quite happy sailing along at 20mph on the flat, I decided to head up cheddar gorge for a test on the Bosch performance line speed motor & a 11 speed scram groupset, it felt quite strong right up to the last left hand bend which is the steepest & power did drop a little but I did still have a 2 lower gears to go.
    The giant with 20NM more torque makes it up easier but it was fine, the scram is very precise with the 2 click system & all operated on just the right shifter.
    The domane+ comes with Schwalbe G-One Speed, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700c35c tyres which are quite noisy but might be better tubeless, when riding through the rough surface on country lanes it feels very planted & a pleasure to ride.
    My ride was 34 miles with 2000ft elavation using 2 of 5 bars of battery life so around 40 miles left in tour mode, I didn’t use turbo .
    It has a comfy seat & bars, the display is very easy to read even in sunshine & the cockpit is virtually cable free so looks great.
    The one thing I didn’t like about the giant was all the untidy cables, so I’m very pleased with it & just waiting to here from the shop what £££ I need to make the change.

Oldbloke, theloafer, Neo2 and 3 others like this.
  5. TyrannosaurusTreks

I purchased the trek today, so hopefully I can have some trouble free miles ahead.
    The shop gave me great discount so at £2900 it was a no brainer, it pays to shop local.

6. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

Nice looking bike, Have to change your avatar pic now.^_^:okay:

TyrannosaurusTreks likes this.
  7. proton666

proton666 Active Member

Yeah, congrats on the new ride. Will have to change your online user name as well.

TrekTarantula, TyrannosaurusTreks, TrekTreks? ^_^

Last edited: 5 May 2019
    TyrannosaurusTreks and sight-pin like this.
  8. TyrannosaurusTreks

I like the TyrannosaurusTreks, don’t think I can change username though..

sight-pin and proton666 like this.
  9. TyrannosaurusTreks

150 trouble free miles in what a joy to ride.
    Booked in for first (free) service today & having tyres made tubeless.

proton666, jowwy and sight-pin like this.
  10. kellis

kellis Active Member

great to hear you have had some good luck with this bike its about time.Keeping my fingers crossed for you

11. proton666

proton666 Active Member

If you don't mind, could you tell me the total price of the Trek your shop gave you? I want to shame my shop. They quoted me $6,999. ( About 4412. in British money).

12. TyrannosaurusTreks

Retail over here is £5250, I added £700 to the money I paid for the giant £2200 so £2900 I got the trek for.
    I think the shop might of helped a bit?.
    Are you thinking of getting one Proton?.
    And thanks for thinking of my new username

13. proton666

proton666 Active Member

Glad you like the name!

I would love to get one of these.

As you know, I'm not a fan of the general look of the Giant. On the other hand, nothing out there can beat the performance to range ratio of the Giant. Also, can't justify, yet, dumping the giant because selling it would not bring in much so kinda want to ride it into the ground.

Having said all that, I would buy it in a blink if I could get it at the price you payed ;). My shop is still pushing the Bianchi and the Pinarello I tried earlier this year but both of those cost $7.8K+!

They say they will have a demo model in next week and I can take it for a spin. Hopefully I can say something like "well if they can deal with Brexit and offer that price on a US bike surely you can do better..." lol . Shaming tips welcome.

Last edited: 20 May 2019
  14. TyrannosaurusTreks

Take it out next week & see what you think of it, I take it the bike will do 25mph in us compared to our 15.5^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice