Giant Road E+ 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Proton666.
Glad you managed to get out on one, on my first ride up one of our steeper hills I noticed the 20nm of torque missing from the giant.
It took me about a month to learn to ride the trek in a different way to what I had with the giant, but now I don’t seem to have problems with the higher climbs.
Battery life seems to be around 70-80 miles but I ride it mostly over the 16.9 cut off, I did a 42mile ride last weekend with a 2400ft elevation & used 2 bars of battery.
It is a pleasure to ride & the other day I rode off for about 2 miles & forgot to even switch it on, it goes that well.
I’m still not getting my gear changes perfect, the sram is very accurate but a bit noisy.
I think the price will drop at sometime, maybe they have a 2020 model in the mist.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Finally got to ride the Trek. Got to say, it didn’t disappoint. The smooth ride has to be the highlight for me. Even better than my old reliable Cervelo R3. Next, the clean look is just what I like. Not like the spaghetti monster Giant.

I took it out on my favorite 35 mile loop (about 2700’ of climbing).

It performed well but it was clear that battery anxiety was going to be an issue. Some of my favorite rides are 60 to 70 miles with 5700+’ of climbing and while you need some mindfulness with Giant I fear that with the Trek all I would be thinking about is the battery. A spare battery would alleviate that but would bump up the already hefty price so ouch!

But the thing that I really missed was the power of the Giant. When you start a climb on the Giant, and you drop it down a gear, you get that kick in the pants like a coach pushing you hard, yelling at you to “go, go, go…” And you really want that feeling again and so you push for it.

With the Trek it’s more like someone pats you on the back and says “well done mate…” And I kinda just want to sit back and relax. Arguably not a bad thing. It’s just the lingering competitive rider in me that likes that extra motivational push the Giant gives.

I then got laughed out the door trying to negotiate a lower price so I hopped on the Giant and I guess I will stay on it until either it or me brakes at which point I will reevaluated all the offerings again.
£1000 off over here now

Top Bottom