Giant Terrago atb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
How could I resist this late 80's early 90's icon especially with that paint scheme.

It's had a sheltered life with full Shimano Deore upgrade and ride's really nice.

WP_20160829_013.jpg
WP_20160829_015.jpg
WP_20160829_014.jpg

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Still got the original dork disc.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
image.jpeg
I've alwaysys had a soft spot for these old non sus MTBs. There're pretty much a do it all bike, will take a rack for touring, narrower tyres for commuting or just a run arounds said it is. Would have though the Deore was OE.

You might have seen this before but bought this Trek here not so long ago for a friend. Carbon tubes and Ali lugs, unbelievably light. Also last week I acquired a nineties Claude Butler "Trail Rider" for the kids, similar layout.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Cycleops i have been looking at a few other internet postings on the Terrago and it does look like Deore was oe fitment .

I also have a soft spot for non suspension early ATB/MTB's and still have an old Marin Bear Valley that i have since new in 1992 and still use it with a smile for my daily commutes

@Cycleops i have been looking at a few other internet postings on the Terrago and it does look like Deore was oe fitment .

I also have a soft spot for non suspension early ATB/MTB's and still have an old Marin Bear Valley that i have since new in 1992 and still use it with a smile for my daily commutes

Wow,there is the conveniant link to my post.
My first MTB was a Giant Coldrock,which was very heavy,and since I knew I was going to take MTB'ing seriously,I saved up the cash to buy something more suitable.
My LBS insisted that a Giant Escaper was the right entry level bike for me to start taking things more seriously.
They let me demo one and told me "you will love it",and off I went down the country park trails.
90 minutes later,I handed it back.
A further 20 mins later I walked out the door with a receipt for a 1992 Marin Bear Valley SE.
Picked it up 2 days later,didn't even demo it ^_^
I loved that bike,until the local junkies decided they loved it too,and stole it.:sad:
I had it for 3 years up until then and lavished it with a Judy XC,Panaracers, Zoom Stem and Ritchey Vantage wheels.
24 years on and I still look back fondly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A further 20 mins later I walked out the door with a receipt for a 1992 Marin Bear Valley SE.
Picked it up 2 days later,didn't even demo it ^_^
I loved that bike,until the local junkies decided they loved it too,and stole it.:sad:
I had it for 3 years up until then and lavished it with a Judy XC,Panaracers, Zoom Stem and Ritchey Vantage wheels.
24 years on and I still look back fondly.

Mine is bog std now and always has been apart from the saddle , i paid £250 for it brand spanking new as it had been lent by local Marin dealer to a car dealership for display purposes after 3 days the dealership got broke into and the thugs slashed tyres on all the cars and the bike in the showroom and also peeled some of the decals off , when i started work at said dealership it was laid as was unused in the parts department so me being the new parts manager had a word in the accountants ear and hey presto i owned a Marin , its never really been off road but has seen some use all around the Isle of Mull a couple of times and loads of local riding .

Mine is bog std now and always has been apart from the saddle , i paid £250 for it brand spanking new as it had been lent by local Marin dealer to a car dealership for display purposes after 3 days the dealership got broke into and the thugs slashed tyres on all the cars and the bike in the showroom and also peeled some of the decals off , when i started work at said dealership it was laid as was unused in the parts department so me being the new parts manager had a word in the accountants ear and hey presto i owned a Marin , its never really been off road but has seen some use all around the Isle of Mull a couple of times and loads of local riding .

In a strange roundabout way,you got a real result there !!! ^_^

Top Bottom