Gilet stuck zip tip!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Colin - apart from the zip issue what's your thoughts on this product? - I've been looking at them on Amazon.
Cheers.

I think it is really good apart from those flaps. I started getting the zip stuck again when trying to do it up or undo it one-handed.

You really have to think before operating the zip or it WILL get stuck.

I did the recent Dales forum ride wearing the gilet. We had changeable conditions - sometimes climbing in heat, sometimes doing long wind-blown chilly descents under cloud cover. I kept it on all day, just adjusting the zip to suit. And cursing when I forgot to be careful and got it stuck!

I'd say it is perfect for cool or warm windy conditions. It wouldn't be my first choice for the winter because it is very lightweight, and I wouldn't wear it in very hot conditions, but then I wouldn't need to anyway.

Last edited:

Roadrat77

I think it is really good apart from those flaps. I started getting the zip stuck again when trying to do it up or undo it one-handed.

You really have to think before operating the zip or it WILL get stuck.

I did the recent Dales forum ride wearing the gilet. We had changeable conditions - sometimes climbing in heat, sometimes doing long wind-blown chilly descents under cloud cover. I kept it on all day, just adjusting the zip to suit. And cursing when I forgot to be careful and got it stuck!

I'd say it is perfect for cool or warm windy conditions. It wouldn't be my first choice for the winter because it is very lightweight, and I wouldn't wear it in hot conditions, but then I wouldn't need to anyway.

Thanks Colin.

Top Bottom