1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girly pannier?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Alcdrew, 28 Jun 2008.

1. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

Any suggestions, on a pannier bag for the wife to use on her commute. She wants something that looks good, and thats it... probably 12+ltr.

Originally I got here a Basil mirte panniers but after only 3 days of light use the clips snapped, so looking for a replacement.

Any suggestions?

2. longers

longers Veteran

The Basil was the one I was thinking of.

Ortlieb? Reassuringly expensive. Because she's worth it :tongue:.

3. OP
    OP
    Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

Anyone got any views on Knog? Valore pannier

Longers, Consider this a warrning then stay away from the Basil bags, after the bag broke we found others complaining about the clips breaking after only a few days on the Basil bag, just a shame we didn't find them before ordering.

4. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

5. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

I was going to say that the Basil "Blossom" range is very girly, but I suspect that you would not go down this route.

I have a colleague who has used a pair of Knog for the lastyear and has had no problems.

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Just get some normal panniers and stick some pink fluffy bits and lace onto them.

7. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

I've just had a look at that link. Jesus! Have you thought about getting a new wife?:?:

I was going to recommend the Carradice ones which double up as shoulder bags but they're plain black and sensible so therefore probably a complete non-starter.

8. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

Talk to Bernie at Bike Rescue in York - she makes girly pannier bags.

9. Cunobelin

Just come across another thread...

Thread

With your idal answer - a girly pink Ortleib!

5orrsp.jpg

(aplogies to summerdays for nicking his her post!)

10. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Err Summerdays is definately girly ... I quite like the bag but couldn't cope with using it day in day out... if I had loads of pannier bags then yes I would quite happily have this one.

11. Cunobelin

Duly amended!