Girly pannier?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alcdrew

Any suggestions, on a pannier bag for the wife to use on her commute. She wants something that looks good, and thats it... probably 12+ltr.

Originally I got here a Basil mirte panniers but after only 3 days of light use the clips snapped, so looking for a replacement.

Any suggestions?

longers

Legendary Member
The Basil was the one I was thinking of.

Ortlieb? Reassuringly expensive. Because she's worth it :tongue:.

OP
OP
Alcdrew

Alcdrew

Anyone got any views on Knog? Valore pannier

Longers, Consider this a warrning then stay away from the Basil bags, after the bag broke we found others complaining about the clips breaking after only a few days on the Basil bag, just a shame we didn't find them before ordering.

I was going to say that the Basil "Blossom" range is very girly, but I suspect that you would not go down this route.

I have a colleague who has used a pair of Knog for the lastyear and has had no problems.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Alcdrew said:
Any suggestions, on a pannier bag for the wife to use on her commute. She wants something that looks good, and thats it... probably 12+ltr.

Originally I got here a Basil mirte panniers but after only 3 days of light use the clips snapped, so looking for a replacement.

Any suggestions?

I've just had a look at that link. Jesus! Have you thought about getting a new wife?:?:

I was going to recommend the Carradice ones which double up as shoulder bags but they're plain black and sensible so therefore probably a complete non-starter.

Just come across another thread...

Thread

With your idal answer - a girly pink Ortleib!

5orrsp.jpg

(aplogies to summerdays for nicking his her post!)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Err Summerdays is definately girly ... I quite like the bag but couldn't cope with using it day in day out... if I had loads of pannier bags then yes I would quite happily have this one.

summerdays said:
Err Summerdays is definately girly ... I quite like the bag but couldn't cope with using it day in day out... if I had loads of pannier bags then yes I would quite happily have this one.

Duly amended!

Top Bottom