Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am currently reading a book which includes a chapter about Adam Hansen's first 3 Grand Tour season; this Giro will be his 20th Grand Tour in a row. That is an amazing record.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think it will be done and dusted...

I admire your optimism Adam!

Misplaced optimism, unfortunately. I can't help feeling it leaves a cloud hanging over the race and I find myself half hoping Froome has to withdraw early - not because I dislike him but because it would allow the discussion to focus on the race itself rather than get distracted by side issues. It's all very frustrating.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just been having a look through Pinot's results. The last competitive TT he rode was the opening stage of last year's Tour. Interesting.

So far this year, I've been very impressed with both his form and his attitude - he looks fully committed to races in a way he sometimes hasn't in the past. And confident too. I'm hoping he's been working on his TTs in secret and has suddenly become a demon against the clock. It's where he lost the race last year, so you'd hope it's been a priority for him in training.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just been having a look through Pinot's results. The last competitive TT he rode was the opening stage of last year's Tour. Interesting.

So far this year, I've been very impressed with both his form and his attitude - he looks fully committed to races in a way he sometimes hasn't in the past. And confident too. I'm hoping he's been working on his TTs in secret and has suddenly become a demon against the clock. It's where he lost the race last year, so you'd hope it's been a priority for him in training.
He' my pro punditry pick

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Misplaced optimism, unfortunately. I can't help feeling it leaves a cloud hanging over the race and I find myself half hoping Froome has to withdraw early - not because I dislike him but because it would allow the discussion to focus on the race itself rather than get distracted by side issues. It's all very frustrating.
I'd rather it would have been done by now but it hasn't,so I'll hold judgement on him.Maybe a misguided view by me,but I'll stick with innocent until proven guilty.But I get what you mean about a cloud hanging over him.
I'm going over to watch in a couple of weeks,can't wait !

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'd rather it would have been done by now but it hasn't,so I'll hold judgement on him.Maybe a misguided view by me,but I'll stick with innocent until proven guilty.But I get what you mean about a cloud hanging over him.

Not judging him or making any comment on his innocence/guilt, but it's disappointing that he's starting the Giro with this still unresolved.

I'm going over to watch in a couple of weeks,can't wait !

Well jel.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not judging him or making any comment on his innocence/guilt, but it's disappointing that he's starting the Giro with this still unresolved.
Could he be hoping to verifiably monitor his salbutamol intake and post a stonking adverse analytical finding during the Giro, thereby clearing himself? That'd be twisted.

Top Bottom