Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
This has been bugging me for a while but I’ve finally worked out who Pinot reminds me of - Canadian singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright....

r0cfkix8e3xzzsvu9qtt.jpg

ibaut-pinot-acheve-la-deuxieme-meilleure-saison-de-sa-carriere-photo-alexandre-marchi-1507654390.jpg

In a pleasing irony, one of Rufus Wainwright’s better songs is called “Do I disappoint you?”

D

Deleted member 26715

I cannot get up any enthusiasm for yesterday's stage, one drug cheat loses the pink jersey to another (alleged) drug cheat.
Sorry are you saying that Simon Yates & Chris Froome are drug cheats, do you have evidence of this?

sleaver

Veteran
Froome had helpers all along the route yesterday but he also had a team car behind him. Are riders only allowed a certain amount of support from the team car or were the helpers there also as maybe a backup plan if the car wasn’t there?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yates lost another 48 minutes and is now 1.15hr behind Froome.
That must be a record for 2 days.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
He rode with superb style for 18 stages. And then he blew up with world class style on the next 2. 18 out of 21 would be immensely promising. Shame he didn't shine on the last 18 stages instead. He looked gutted.
Which makes Froomes win of coming into the giro and riding yourself into fitness a masterplan.A lot.of riders were fading.just as Froome was getting going.

MikeG

Guru
Yates is a convicted drug cheat, and Froome is under investigation ... I presume that answers your question ?

No, the word "convicted" actually has meaning. The left-armer opening the bowling for Pakistan at Lord's today is a convicted criminal and cheat, who spent a couple of years in prison for taking a bribe in a Test match. Unless you can point to a criminal trial for Yates, you are as sloppy with your language as you are with the concept of "cheat".

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
So, if Yates is not a drug cheat, what is he ? Don't forget he was banned for taking performance enhancing drugs , which I take to be a definition of a cheat....

Last edited:
Top Bottom