Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I was wondering if he had garnered enough stage wins and days in pink to decorate his palmares.

By any normal measure, he had a fantastic race. It's only a disappointment because it looked for a while like he might be in contention for overall victory. Better to go out in a blaze of glory than ride à la Zubeldia.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
à la Zubeldia.
^_^

I like Tom Dumoulin, he comes across as a grounded, amusing bloke but he doesn't exactly animate races, does he?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
^_^

I like Tom Dumoulin, he comes across as a grounded, amusing bloke but he doesn't exactly animate races, does he?
Been known to throw the odd hissy fit !
RepulsiveMenacingEgg-max-1mb.gif

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I can't take credit for that gag, by the way - it's a term they use on the Cycling Podcast. I don't think you can apply it to Dumoulin because he has actually won races, but there are plenty of other candidates - George Bennett springs to mind, although to be fair he did win the Tour of California last year.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Another bitter average rider

There is no comparison between York and Hinault.

York won one race anyone's ever heard of, Hinault won grand tours.

None of which prevents either having their say, but you do need to be very cautious when assessing the opinions of ex-professional sportsmen.

There's usually an axe, if not several axes, grinding away in the background.

York won one race anyone's ever heard of...
That being?

And there's more to being successful than winning stuff that people (and by that I presume you mean the new breed of golfers/cyclists or the masses of plebs who think cycle racing takes place during 3 weeks in summer in France each year) have heard of.

If you think York was "average" then fair enough, but the impact of her wins was significant. And her views, in my opinion, have always been worth paying attention to.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Top Bottom