Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5260695, member: 43827"]Having no definitive views on Froome's culpability for deliberately breaking the rules, one way or the other, I do find it extremely disappointing that this investigation is dragging on so long, allowing the rumour mill to grind on to the detriment of the actual racing.[/QUOTE]
Yep, it rather spoilt what would otherwise have been an outstanding Giro for me and could well do the same for the TdF.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
If you want to call Hinault a gobshite to his face, be my guest ;) :boxing:

It's not something I'd feel inclined to do. :smile:
He'd respect me for it :whistle:.

Flying off topic, but a couple of years ago a mate of mine met Hinault while he was on holiday in Brittany close to the Badger's home town. Hinault was guest of honour at a town fair and Jim, a big cycling fan and sometime memorabilia collector, risked asking him for an autograph. Hinault couldn't have been nicer by all accounts and was probably flattered to be recognised by some random English guy. But you're probably right about the gobshite thing.

He'd respect me for it :whistle:.

Flying off topic, but a couple of years ago a mate of mine met Hinault while he was on holiday in Brittany close to the Badger's home town. Hinault was guest of honour at a town fair and Jim, a big cycling fan and sometime memorabilia collector, risked asking him for an autograph. Hinault couldn't have been nicer by all accounts and was probably flattered to be recognised by some random English guy. But you're probably right about the gobshite thing.
I couldn't see anyone in a giant dinosaur suit or carrying a giant inhaler running next to Hinault for very long. Soup through a straw for a few weeks would be the result.

And here's a contemporary view from the pro peloton

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/05/the-secret-pro-an-insiders-view-on-chris-froomes-crazy-giro-attack/

I would like to defend Froome on one thing, though. It’s a big thing, too. I want to defend his ride on Stage 19.

People called it Landis-esque, harkening back to that crazy ride Floyd put in at the 2006 Tour de France. Of course, he was popped shortly after, so the implication drawn by that comparison is pretty clear. But there are several key differences between Floyd’s ride and Froome’s ride. Fundamentally, I’m arguing that these differences are what tip Landis’ ride into unbelievable territory, and make Froome’s ride somewhat more believable.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
On a slightly different note from the pantomime of Froome,does anyone know what happened to Aru ? I had a feeling he spat his dummy out.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And here's a contemporary view from the pro peloton

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/05/the-secret-pro-an-insiders-view-on-chris-froomes-crazy-giro-attack/

I would like to defend Froome on one thing, though. It’s a big thing, too. I want to defend his ride on Stage 19.

People called it Landis-esque, harkening back to that crazy ride Floyd put in at the 2006 Tour de France. Of course, he was popped shortly after, so the implication drawn by that comparison is pretty clear. But there are several key differences between Floyd’s ride and Froome’s ride. Fundamentally, I’m arguing that these differences are what tip Landis’ ride into unbelievable territory, and make Froome’s ride somewhat more believable.
I agree with all the Giro stuff in that article.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I missed the weekend stages as I was out riding my bike or otherwise busy.

Chapeau to Yates for staying the course and coming in 21st, despite obviously falling to bits. I thought he might abandon as he might have been doing himself some physical damage pressing on. I was wondering if he had garnered enough stage wins and days in pink to decorate his palmares.

And Chapeau to me for a plucky second place in the CC velogames league.
Feck the velogames,it's second tier ! Pro tour punditry is where it's at.Theres no room for runners up here.If you need any tips/help don't be afraid to ask......
#gloatinginglory

Top Bottom