Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Lopez overcooked a corner 5km from the finish and ended up in a field. He's being dragged back to the group by a couple of teammates but he's going to lose time.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Pace is insane. Peloton is falling to bits in the final kms. Froome nowhere near the front.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Visconti powered away from the bunch in the final 300m but took Battaglin with him, and Battaglin eased past him for the win. Another highly entertaining stage finish.

Did anyone else notice the huge and weird hillside sculpture just before the big pile up?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Pace is insane. Peloton is falling to bits in the final kms. Froome nowhere near the front.
That finish (and the day before) got me thinking about how Froome seems to have lost his mojo on short sharp climbs and doesn't have a big enough kick to mark attacks or do something himself.

I can't see him repeating anything like his heff-you acceleration away from Wiggins in that 2012 stage, but also the La Planche des Belles Filles in the same tour where he was able to pull away from the group at the finish.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just put the ES coverage on to see what looked very much like Nibali off the front of the peloton. Eh? WTF? Am I watching a repeat or something?

Turns out it's not a repeat and it really was Nibali after all - Antonio Nibali! He does look a lot like his big bro, even his riding style is similar.

No break has formed yet. One rider did escape on his own for a few kms - Ballerini - but he's being brought back now. And he's probably rather relieved about that.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
you mean you missed carlton nob ed kirbys joke about him ballet dancing all the way up etna

I've got it playing on my laptop, perched on the corner of my desk, with the sound off, while pretending to do some work on my desktop. Makes it hard to work out what's going on at times but possibly no more so than trying to understand Kirby's witterings.

Top Bottom