Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
With BMC currently controlling the pace on the front of the peloton, that got me wondering... What are the odds on Dennis still being in pink tonight? He's riding well at the moment but is this finish going to be too hard for him? Would be good to see him holding on to it.

Even if he does, I can't see him being a GC contender overall - he'll probably lose too much time on the Zoncolan.

I cant see him being in pink at the end of the day. but as mrs roadrash would no doubt confirm , I am often wrong

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Froome is looking more comfortable today but with 10km still to go doesn’t have any team-mates left for support.

ETA: tell a lie, he's got Elissonde with him - didn't spot him there hidden behind Froome. If Froome has a mechanical and has to borrow wee Kenny's bike, that will be even more amusing to watch than when he rode the service bike on Ventoux. ^_^

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Chaves looking very strong here. Great tactical move too with Yates safe in the lead group behind. Mitchelton-Scott are looking like a really strong team this year.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Dennis cracking now as well.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ha! Yates is playing a blinder here - Pozzo and Bennett tried to make him come to the front but he was having none of it - and totally fair enough with his team-mate up the road.

He's looking really comfortable. Pinot riding strongly too. Pozzovivo is doing well but can't drop them.

Top Bottom