Giro 2018 "contains spoilers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Wondered if Yates was going to let Chaves take the stage or if he'd be greedy. Fantastic result either way. Hope he doesn't come to rue missing out on those extra bonus seconds!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Pinot picked up some bonus seconds too, but not enough to take him ahead of Pozzovivo in GC, I think.

In fact, Chaves might have got enough time to leapfrog both Pinot and Pozzo in GC. Incredible day for Mitchelton-Scott if so.

ETA: yep, confirmed - Chaves up to 3rd on GC. Pozzo 4th and Pinot two seconds behind him in 5th.

Last edited:

MikeG

Guru
Yeah, Chaves is into 3rd. Mitchelton Scott looking strong (pity they're an Aussie outfit! :smile: )

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Just put the ES coverage on to see what looked very much like Nibali off the front of the peloton. Eh? WTF? Am I watching a repeat or something?

Turns out it's not a repeat and it really was Nibali after all - Antonio Nibali! He does look a lot like his big bro, even his riding style is similar.

No break has formed yet. One rider did escape on his own for a few kms - Ballerini - but he's being brought back now. And he's probably rather relieved about that.
Are they brothers or cousins?

Top Bottom