Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ackerman takes stage stage 5 to make it two so far

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Was watching the stage in the pub, without the sound on and didn't realise that Roglič, Yates, et al were timed with a lap of the circuit to go - was that to avoid mayhem and crashes?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Was watching the stage in the pub, without the sound on and didn't realise that Roglič, Yates, et al were timed with a lap of the circuit to go - was that to avoid mayhem and crashes?
Yes it was,don't want to lose anyone else so early in the race.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
They may as well just done a 10km stage with just the sprinters and a couple of lead-out men!
It's been a real bore fest so far, tomorrows stage looks more exciting (but not holding my breath)
You were lucky in the boozer with the sound off,I had Hatch and his commentary !

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Kelly was particularly gloomy and uncooperative today.
Hatch: (long convoluted question to fill in the time as the cycling is rather dull)
Kelly: ... long pause ... No
Although I could listen to Kelly all day...we also had the interesting shots of rain jackets going on and off.
I particularly liked when Hatch was trying.to drag out conversation about Kellys past wins,asked about why he pulled out of a certain race with pain.Kelly replied "yes I had a boil on me erse ! "

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Recorded highlights were made for stages like that! I watched the Quest highlights show in about 20 minutes by skipping the ads and shots of miserable riders wishing that they had stayed in bed. I just watched the interviews, chat and last 1 km.

I hope that the weather improves and am looking forward to more interesting stages to come.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Breakaway stage today ? De gendt ?
Pretty please.
No De Gendt in it but they're keeping us guessing about the breakaway today, 13 riders 5½min up the road with 55km to go. The final cat 2 climb will decide the shape of the stage.

Ackerman, Landa, Zakanarin and Majka also involved in Roglic's trip to the tarmac. All less hurt visibly and all in the peloton. Sun web's Robert Power abandoned from it, though. Not a good race for that team so far, even if Oomen is in today's break.

Top Bottom