Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
.Shocker for Yates ! I heard he crashed ? Surely must have been hurting to be that shite.
Where'd you hear that? I heard on Eurosport that it was a sore knee from his crash a few days ago. Landa crashed in the TT but still was nearly the same time as Yates.

I agree, Nibali looks most dangerous. Cue the Jaws theme...

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Where'd you hear that? I heard on Eurosport that it was a sore knee from his crash a few days ago. Landa crashed in the TT but still was nearly the same time as Yates.

I agree, Nibali looks most dangerous. Cue the Jaws theme...
Sorry meant I heard he had hurt knee,I presumed he'd come off,like I say I've missed quite a bit,I think I'd like Nibali to win it now

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm rooting for Roglic as he's my fantasy team leader. He used to be a ski jumper, did you know? (I bet you didn't)

I must admit that I thought Yates' pre-race comments to be rather "off" so I'm kind of hoping they rebound on him.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I'm rooting for Roglic as he's my fantasy team leader. He used to be a ski jumper, did you know? (I bet you didn't)

I must admit that I thought Yates' pre-race comments to be rather "off" so I'm kind of hoping they rebound on him.
Interesting the ski jumper thing,never knew that.I just like Nibali as a racer,plus it's Italy and they adore him ! I watched him in Lombardy last year and he was mobbed at the finish line ! Even though he didn't win.

mjr

Oh I suspect they were probably made with the blessing of the organisers to get more coverage, and some of the responses in other interviews have been fun: Nibali commenting "we all need to go to the toilet" and Landa excusing his own profanity-laden comments on Yates as "words taken out of context" (which is one of several excuses Yates made for his pre-race comments when they really don't seem to have been).

dragon72

Guru
Grand Tour Mondays always give me a weird sense of restlessness. But the Giro d'Italia snorefest continues tomorrow and Wednesday with back-to-back stages whose profiles couldn't be flatter if you put an iron to them. Even Cavendish would be able to finish the next two stages.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
bring on the climbs....:tired::tired:
Well, the mountains won't come tomorrow either...
G19_T10_Modena_alt_jpg-2.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Grand Tour Mondays always give me a weird sense of restlessness. But the Giro d'Italia snorefest continues tomorrow and Wednesday with back-to-back stages whose profiles couldn't be flatter if you put an iron to them. Even Cavendish would be able to finish the next two stages.
But after Wednesday it goes bonkers. Nibs is gonna need to find two and a half minutes (as he will lose time in the final TT to Roglic) but the others like Mollema, Bilbao, Yates etc need a fair bit more. Nibs isn't here for second so he will have to think carefully whose attacks to follow. Roglic obvs the man to beat but his team isn't so strong now that dePlus has pulled out and he may be isolated early with a bunch of guys pinging off the front. Astana have a great team so I'd love to see them really drill it to isolate Roglic

mjr

Well, the mountains won't come tomorrow either...
View attachment 467297
It heads mostly WNW but there seems no chance of strong crosswinds from the forecast. :sad:

There's a bit more chance on Wednesday with the course curving from WNW to S while the wind is forecast to turn from SW to S (so maybe crosswind to split it at some point then a headwind to blunt groups chasing groups to the finish) but still only 10mph winds so probably not enough to do it.

I think Thursday's climb may be too far from the finish (32km) to do much other than maybe dislodge Conti. It's Friday's first summit finish and the bonkers Saturday stage which will really fire up the GC race.

Top Bottom