Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
So, what happens if the mountains stay snowbound? I heard someone say that there was only a 60% chance of those stages taking place.
Rope and spiked tyres....it's the sport of hardmen !

Reactions: mjr

yello

Highlight for me so far is commentators debating why the intermediate sprint for 3rd was contested.

I thought maybe they were bored (commentators and riders) and wanted something to do.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm struggling to remember a report of a Giro stage from way back when (between the wars I think) that I read about. It involved riders seeking out shepherds huts to be revived before struggling on, suffering from exposure and just generally suffering. I'll see if I can find it.

yello

That looked a nasty pile up for someone, they looked unable to stand. Ackerman crossing the line looking pretty beat up. Lord, I grimace when I see cyclists hit the deck, and at those speeds.

horrible, horrible crash..at quite a speed too

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
My last mention of Peppa, but just to say that Daddy Pig won back his Muddy Puddle World record today...
..may fail the drug's test possibly.
Thankfully mine are teenagers now so I get a better class of cartoon SpongeBob or Family guy...I'm not sure which I like best !
Back to Giro,just watched highlights feck did that roadrash on Ackerman look sore.Vivianni seems a bit off this year,wrong wheel again ?

Zofo

Veteran
Another totally flat sprinters stage ..what a yawn fest this race as been so far. There’s no point in 200 k + stages with a 200m sprint at the end- just have 50k and the result would be the same! Bring on the mountains tomorrow.

Top Bottom