Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I can't believe you said that.

SpongeBob.

SpongeBob every time. No contest.

Anyone who lives in a pineapple under the sea gets my vote

So given that the back end climbing is so crazy, I have a feeling that one of the favourites will have a 'mare and another will have a phoenix-like raise from the ashes of defeat

'mare......Roglic, weak team, not been tested yet, maybe came into the Giro in sparkling form but can he hold it for three weeks?

phoenix.....Landa, surely he can't really be this bad can he? Is he going to peak in the third week and smash everyone to bits (and he's in my Veloviewer team so there's a bit of wishful thinking here)

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Anyone who lives in a pineapple under the sea gets my vote

So given that the back end climbing is so crazy, I have a feeling that one of the favourites will have a 'mare and another will have a phoenix-like raise from the ashes of defeat

'mare......Roglic, weak team, not been tested yet, maybe came into the Giro in sparkling form but can he hold it for three weeks?

phoenix.....Landa, surely he can't really be this bad can he? Is he going to peak in the third week and smash everyone to bits (and he's in my Veloviewer team so there's a bit of wishful thinking here)
Nibali would be my favourite,classy racer and takes no prisoners ! But looking for attacks I'd go for the Ineos duo TGH and Sivakov.They don't have much too lose,time to test those legs !

Im another thinking , what the feck is wrong with landa, I also agree that the ineos duo could pull off a double act , and as for Nibali , well the shark hasn't shown his teeth yet , be interesting to see what happens when he does, I cant see roglic holding on in the mountains , I think they will take their toll on him come the last stage time trial

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Another totally flat sprinters stage ..what a yawn fest this race as been so far. There’s no point in 200 k + stages with a 200m sprint at the end- just have 50k and the result would be the same! Bring on the mountains tomorrow.
What about yesterday's 145km stage?

By the way, did people notice the left-hand 900m to go flag fall over the barriers into the road during the crash after riders hit the left fence, itself causing further crashes? That design wants looking at.

Landa's pony has tricked out. He's shown nothing since the Astana Giro ride, well nothing that would clearly show he's a GC winner. I reckon he's well capable of taking stages. Nibali has stayed quiet and hidden so it's difficult to know his form going into the mountains but he's a classy rider. There's a few others lurking in the background, Jungels et al, I reckon Yates is continuing his Giro jinx, it's that kind of race but let's see. One more day of the snorefest.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Landa's pony has tricked out. He's shown nothing since the Astana Giro ride, well nothing that would clearly show he's a GC winner. I reckon he's well capable of taking stages. Nibali has stayed quiet and hidden so it's difficult to know his form going into the mountains but he's a classy rider. There's a few others lurking in the background, Jungels et al, I reckon Yates is continuing his Giro jinx, it's that kind of race but let's see. One more day of the snorefest.

As soon as Landa went into my Velogames team, his fate was sealed

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Three wildcard riders (25, 54, 142) including Frapporti in the doomed break of the day, 4m30 up the road with 150ish km to go.

Moschetti DNS dislocated shoulder, arm in sling.
View: https://mobile.twitter.com/TrekSegafredo/status/1130933375491985409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
What about yesterday's 145km stage?

By the way, did people notice the left-hand 900m to go flag fall over the barriers into the road during the crash after riders hit the left fence, itself causing further crashes? That design wants looking at.
Didn't notice as I usually watch the crashes through my fingers...I did see Akerman on his bike after looking like a extra from a zombie film though.

yello

Ackerman did a lot of work for Ewan! The little Aussie knew which wheel to take and stuck to it, made it look straightforward.

Top Bottom