Giro 2022.....SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well played Cav - not bad for an old dog! Seemed to take forever that sprint and had a lot to do after being dropped off so far to the line, chapeau bruv :okay:

I was certainly screaming at the TV for a long while:laugh:. Awesome sprint but also clever, both in the team getting themselves position with 1km to go and Cav's canny positioning - Gaviria effectively blocked up one side on the short route round that last kink, meaning anyone else had to go the long route and round Demare as well.

Good analysis from "headbanger" Renshaw here...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwW3jByYqtE

Mike_P

Guru
Lopez abandoned:ohmy:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Tuned in afterwards but have seen replays of at least two crashes. I think they also referred to a third in commentary.

Narrow roads creating pinch points and I think one crash caused by a moto?!

Simon Yates has been back to the Dr's car for some treatment on his knee, so really hoping that doesn't effect his race!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Lenny 😁
First win of the Giro...
Screenshot_20220510-163115.png

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
GC time differences of the favourites after today's stage.
Think we can safely say Tom Dumoulin is out of the running,looked tired today.
Yates
Kelderman +0:13
Bilbao +0:18
Almeida +0:18
Porte +0:22
Bardet +0:24
Carapaz +0:24
Landa +0:33
Arensman +0:33
Hindley +0:34
Carthy +0:38
Valverde +0:41
Ciccone +0:50
Buchmann +0:57
Sosa +1:23

I was certainly screaming at the TV for a long while:laugh:. Awesome sprint but also clever, both in the team getting themselves position with 1km to go and Cav's canny positioning - Gaviria effectively blocked up one side on the short route round that last kink, meaning anyone else had to go the long route and round Demare as well.

Good analysis from "headbanger" Renshaw here...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwW3jByYqtE

Did you see the GCN analysis yesterday (blythe and Mcewan?). They made the interesting point that Caleb rode a lot faster than Cav in the last 400m! But he started waaaaaay back, finished a couple of metres behind Cav. Result - a Cav win :smile:

Top Bottom