Giro 2023 Route.With Spoilers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
15k to go and a 1 minute lead for Senne.
Can’t see it sticking but he’s giving it a good go.

Last edited:

DogmaStu

Someone really needs to train Milan in sprint positioning. He's far and away the strongest sprinter in this Giro but he has no support and battles from far away and still gets so close! 12th on the final corner, 500m sprint and almost wins.

Edit to add: Milan also needs to get lower over the handlebars, he's a parachute with his current style. He could improve a lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Our very own Mystic Meg 🤣
Normal service resumes today.....although I'd backed him for the break.Never thought he'd make it in a bunch sprint ! 😁
Screenshot_20230524-172256-130~2.png

He was well positioned until all of a sudden ... he wasn't.

I think he was taken out of position by one of the Green Project riders - they had words after the finish. Shame - he looked right up for it.

Although looking at it again - he was on the wheel of LL Sanchez - just behind the Ciclamina jersey - no Green riders by him and he just seemed to drift back through the bunch ?

Perfect positioning at 2.2k but 200m later there's 20 riders between him and the ciclamina jersey ?

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
More lumps - but not huge ones - and what looks like an uphill finish today.

Last throw of the dice Roglic attack? Everyone keeping their powder dry for Saturday?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
With only 29 seconds between them should be fun.Three tough days in the mountains, two road stages and a Time Trial, well a TT mountain climb !
Thomas birthday today so would be nice if he could take the stage and time,but he's a fight on his hands 😁

DogmaStu

I think he was taken out of position by one of the Green Project riders - they had words after the finish. Shame - he looked right up for it.

Although looking at it again - he was on the wheel of LL Sanchez - just behind the Ciclamina jersey - no Green riders by him and he just seemed to drift back through the bunch ?

Perfect positioning at 2.2k but 200m later there's 20 riders between him and the ciclamina jersey ?

Cav generally needs his lead-out train to put him in position, I think. His best years were when he had the best lead-out partners. He's fantastic at squeezing through tiny gaps near the finish if needs be but he needs to be led there first, ideally.

He has the most explosive power in the final 200m or so but he's no Milan at the moment from 500m.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Cav generally needs his lead-out train to put him in position, I think. His best years were when he had the best lead-out partners. He's fantastic at squeezing through tiny gaps near the finish if needs be but he needs to be led there first, ideally.

He has the most explosive power in the final 200m or so but he's no Milan at the moment from 500m.

Indeed, he was Ok at freelancing in his Sky year when he wasn't allowed a lead out until the GC was settled, but at his best when "dropped off" with 2-300m to go . I think he's on reasonable form, he was close the other day, but everything has to happen "right" and so much can go wrong in the run in. Its a risk just sitting on Milan's wheel as his sprinting nous isn't as good as his power, so if Milan leaves it to late you're funked, and the speed he approach the finish at makes it hard to nip around him. Cav either needs to have a lead out man with him (which LLS isn't) or choose the right rival to sit on.

Anyway he's only here to get sharp for France....

Top Bottom