Giro d'Italia 2013, 4th-26th May - [Spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
But what after 10 years? What then? :dry:

Ethiopia, perhaps?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ethiopia, Eritrea, Rwanda, Burundi are all places where cycling is massive, and there are great wells of talent, but has so far has been under-resourced.

Going right off topic now but I wonder if it would help if the Grand Tours had a kind of quota system like in the football World Cup to ensure proper international representation at the highest level of the sport - it was great to see Colombia and Venezuela represented at the Giro but would they have got in if they weren't Italian-based teams? In any case, both Colombia and Androni have been a credit to the Giro, in the way they approached the race, even if they didn't actually win much.

It would be fantastic to see MTN-Qhubeka at a GT, if only for the opportunity to see Tsabu Grmay in action - he's been talked of as potentially the first African* GT winner, but it won't happen if he doesn't ever get the chance to ride in them...

*yes, yes, I know...

The Couch

Über Member
Yes - I didn't realise that Cadel Evans had any children so after seeing them together on the Giro podium yesterday I looked up Evans on Wikipedia and read about his lad there.
He actually had his adopted son on his lap in an interview during (the 1st?) resting day during last year's Tour.
(when Cadel was explaining that he had some catching up to do with Wiggins, but that he would give it his all)

Still... he will be as Westernized as can be by the time he will ever by full-grown.:tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
He actually had his adopted son on his lap in an interview during (the 1st?) resting day during last year's Tour.
(when Cadel was explaining that he had some catching up to do with Wiggins, but that he would give it his all)

Still... he will be as Westernized as can be by the time he will ever by full-grown.:tongue:
Ah - I missed that. I wouldn't have been watching on the rest days.

Top Bottom