Giro d'Italia 2013, 4th-26th May - [Spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radchenister

Veteran
That's ok Hont, you're welcome (only takes a sec' in Photoshop) - probably wasted as much time as it took you to think up that post ;) .

Buddfox

Veteran
Typical stupid BBC rubbish, total non-story. The headline isn't supported by any of the direct quotes.

Agreed - he's handled it quite well, it's exactly what you would expect him to say. He's not going to be a standard domestique in the Tour, and even Froome knows that.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've had a feeling for a while that if Wiggins rides the tour, he might try and do a Roche 87 (giro)
Hmmm... I remember Wiggo's valiant (but utimately futile) solo breakaway in the 2007 Tour, shortly before Cofidis were chucked out. Would love to see him attempting something similar again - though maybe not at Froome's expense.

Chris Norton

Team Sky seem to have scored a tactical winner in giving themselves massive "plan b's" in the grand tours. I was thinking Henao was a shoe in for the Giro in support of Wiggins in January. In the Tour if Froome don't get it then Wiggo will step in although I do think that Alberto is the one to really watch. The tour squad looks slightly stronger with Richie Porte who was a revelation for me last year and seems to be in good nick this. I do however think he will be off this year looking for team leadership himself unless sky decide on a grand tour triple leadership where 3 men get to go after one each in a year.

Is this on ITV so I can record it during the day. So looking forward to this one.

kedab

Veteran
'giro-tour double'. that's got to be on the froomedog's mind as they go in. he seems to be a cool, calculating fella but that kind of talk from bradders has got to irritate him. my hope is that they both go in on tip-top form and one of them, doesn't matter which one, decides to ditch the team rules, ignore their power meters and radios and just properly go nuts for it and see what happens :rolleyes:

Interesting that BBC story. So last weeks Froome says as far as he is aware he is the TdF leader, they ride for him. This week Wiggins is shooting for a Giro-TdF double. There may be mind games, but it aint Sky who's doing it.

kedab

Veteran
Interesting that BBC story. So last weeks Froome says as far as he is aware he is the TdF leader, they ride for him. This week Wiggins is shooting for a Giro-TdF double. There may be mind games, but it aint Sky who's doing it.

that's what i meant - it's verrrrrry interesting that they're coming from two very different angles...perhaps it is part of the team strategy, to get everyone thinking that they've got issues within the team and that they're going to struggle because of it but....i don't think so.

Top Bottom