Giro d'Italia 2017 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
As mentioned over in https://www.cyclechat.net/posts/4776654, nightly highlights on Eurosport's sibling Freeview channel "Quest" at 10pm, repeated 7am. Presumably with the same team, so maybe I'll get a reminder how wonderful Carlton Kirby is... and may even switch back to German Eurosport before the end of the Giro :laugh:
Edwards did the anchoring for the cycling at the Commonwealth Games when it was in Glasgow and iirc did a not bad job of it; mind you, if I did a search of old threads* on here I would probably find a few from myself slagging him off :whistle:

* edit - I have just checked and there are none slagging him off :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
'Descending competition' ... quite literally 'an accident waiting to happen'!

You can just picture the solemn official silence before the stage following the tragic death of some unfortunate rider, and an ashen-faced Giro official trying to explain how much the organisers regretted what had happened ... :thumbsdown:

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
We had a Giro themed quiz for tonight's club social. One of the questions was about who is presenting. I didn't know about Edwards until I read this thread today.

We won the quiz by half a point.
I take it was a cycling club quiz - otherwise shame on you for only winning by ½ point - most people don't have a Scooby about the Giro. ^_^

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Looks like all teams have now confirmed their starters. Astana riding with 8, following the death of Scarponi.

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I take it was a cycling club quiz - otherwise shame on you for only winning by ½ point - most people don't have a Scooby about the Giro. ^_^

If last night's evidence is anything to go by, most cycling club members don't have a Scooby about the Giro either.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
And the descending competition has been dropped.
C-5Vr2aWsAIBZeV.jpg

Top Bottom