Giro d'Italia 2024 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
The break takes it !
Pelayo Sanchez takes the stage for Movistar, Allaphilippe comes in second and Plapp in third.

Adam4868

Guru
40k ITT tomorrow. Kinda flat then not flat at the end.

Ganna shirley?
36k flat with a little bump at the end,as in the last 6 uphill 😁
Bookies have it between Pippa and Pog,did they both save themselves a little for this yesterday ? I'm backing the break and going with Sheffield,don't let me down Magnus.
Looks like they go off every minute until they get to Zana 😁
View: https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1788656412794466372?t=WWJPtWhlFytBPuYkF2567Q&s=19

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Interesting one with the "bump" at the end, which might only be 6.6km out of 40.6, but is 25% of the riding time, and whilst that section averages only 4.5% ish, there is a km or so at 12% ave and 16% max.

Does one bike swap for only a km or so of proper steep or save the time and power up on the TT bike?

Its an easy one to get wrong, i.e burn too much on the flat section and lose time on the climb.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
This could define the whole race from here. Go G!

what mean when he and most others lose time to Pog? :okay:

I'm rooting for G, but not hopeful, we'll see.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just wasted quite a while searching the utterly useless giroditalia.it site for a list of withdrawals. There isn't one.

Even if you scroll down to the bottom of the stage results - a task that involves clicking "load more" 35 times because it will only show you 5 riders at a time (WTF???) it still doesn't show you DNFs and DNSs

Yes I know you can get this stuff from procyclingstats but it would be really nice if the race website wasn't utterly pants. ASO have a great site for the Tour. It's really easy to find stuff like a full GC, who withdrew when, and to scan back to see the full GC on previous days (the giro site can do this but only 5 at a time, and reverts to Italian for this).

And their live coverage page sucks compared to le Tour's

Rant over.

Adam4868

Guru
I've just wasted quite a while searching the utterly useless giroditalia.it site for a list of withdrawals. There isn't one.

Even if you scroll down to the bottom of the stage results - a task that involves clicking "load more" 35 times because it will only show you 5 riders at a time (WTF???) it still doesn't show you DNFs and DNSs

Yes I know you can get this stuff from procyclingstats but it would be really nice if the race website wasn't utterly pants. ASO have a great site for the Tour. It's really easy to find stuff like a full GC, who withdrew when, and to scan back to see the full GC on previous days (the giro site can do this but only 5 at a time, and reverts to Italian for this).

And their live coverage page sucks compared to le Tour's

Rant over.
Maybe just search Miltzys velogames team...bound to be a no show a day 😁

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hmm speculating Pog might be going for a bike change, despite no-one else doing it so far.

based on - the most accessible spare bike on teh team car is his road bike

Last edited:
Top Bottom