Giro d'Italia 2024 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Forgetting Vingo who I hope is match fit.....there's a couple of new kids on the block,Remco and Rogla 😁

i think primoz although a great cyclist has had his peak a few years ago , remco im not sure can match Pog in the mountains

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I thought Pog looked really mature in this Giro. He always looks like a kid on a bike but there was a real maturity in him in this ride! Clearly he is older now (as we all are) but it felt like a shift in his approach and his mentality! Great to see. He’s my son’s cycling hero and a fantastic role model for younger cyclists everywhere. And that bow across the line was utter perfection!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I never understand when someone watches a race and finds it dull that the best wins
It is like spoilers... Some people couldn't care less if someone blurts out the result before they watch the race. Others (like me) would rather have the excitement of not knowing in advance. Pog basically gave us a race-long spoiler very early on!!

He is very impressive to watch in action but it's always more interesting when there is close competition.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
cant disagree with that , but that doesn't mean its boring or dull, well not to me at least
I have still enjoyed this Giro but it hasn't gripped me the way that some 3-week races have.

I was so thrilled by Lemond's 8 second victory over Fignon in the 1989 TdF that I bought a bike and have been cycling for the 35 years since then.

I don't think that watching Pog win like this would have inspired quite the same interest.

Thomas's ride has probably convinced a lot of people in their 30s that they are not too old to ride though! :okay:

Top Bottom