Giro d'italia SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
That's got to be one of the most amazing afternoon's racing I've ever seen. The conditions and toughness of a Belgian classic half way through a GT. The TdF will seem tame after this.
Hats off to Evans.

Skip Madness

You will seldom see a more spectacular day of racing, particularly in a grand tour, than that. It's certainly the best I can remember for several years. When the coverage came on and you could see it raining you knew it would be pretty intense; when Nibali slid off the voltage was turned up by several factors.

Glorious images in the final 30km, a pulsating war on the climbs through the gravel-cum-mud, and an electrifying finish over the cobbles in the rain culminating in arguably the most impressive win of Cadel Evans' career.

Nibali got a kicking, Basso got a thumping and Sastre got completely annihilated.

More of this please, GT organisers. Edit: Especially if it were in the final week!

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Disappointing from Bradley - 4'30 down! I don't think he was in a bunch either, just him and another sky rider.

Keith Oates

Janner
Unfortunately I can't get any coverage of the Giro out here but reading the reports from the media and the comments made on here it really must have been a great race to watch. Cadel Evans is really showing he is worthy of wearing the ringed jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr Mag00

rising member
looking forward to todays stage :biggrin:

raindog

er.....
Yes, uphill finish today, but I doubt it's hard enough to affect general. Should be some good attacks though.
Bring it on :biggrin:

mangaman

montage said:
Disappointing from Bradley - 4'30 down! I don't think he was in a bunch either, just him and another sky rider.

I think he's conserving his energy and going to be testing himself in the high mountains/TT and hoping for another stage win.

He's preparaing for the TDF now, not trying to win the Giro so no point taking unnecessary risks yesterday.

Amazing racing. Couldn't believe Vino/Cunego couldn't out-kick Evans at the end and that Basso looked absolutely knackered.

Maybe they have come back clean :biggrin:

It had that feel to it. I hated the grand tours when the likes of Lance and Basso would steam up Alps without a bead of sweat appearing or looking as if it were even a little tough.

Yesterday it looked like they were really suffering and the strongest man (with his mountain bike skills - most of the last 25kms was essentially a MTB race) won.

ChristinaJL

It was a great stage. They all looked seriously cream knackered. :smile: Glad I don't have to ride in those conditions though!! :biggrin:

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
I thought I had tuned into a old re-run of a Paris-Roubaix yesterday for the highlights on Eurosport...

bettiniphoto_0052611_1_full_600.jpg

As everyone said what an amazing last section to the stage was, really need to get back to that rawness in the Grand Tours, makes the spectacle more exciting / interesting to watch.

Mind you I wouldn't fancy doing it eh?

Oh and chapeau to Cuddles you could see how much he dug deep for that finish couldn't you and who would have thought Mr Millar would be sitting 3rd well ahead of Wiggo, I think the mountains will certainly sort out the final GC though as usual.

Top Bottom