Giro d'italia SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And everyone else - nowhere...

biking_fox

Guru
SO who's got anything left in the tank for tomorrow? Arrayo? doubt it. Basso - maybe. Evans? I don't think he can timetrial his way into the lead.

Great ride by Arrayo. really close. If those 5 had worked togethre he might still be in pink - but I guess there wasn't reason to help him. That's why you need teammates like Nibbles.

raindog

er.....
The TT on sunday is only 15 ks - that's not enough for Evans to make a dent is it? And there's still tomorrow in the mountains yet.

Good grief, the way those three were flying up front! I know I shouldn't, but I can't help wondering.......

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
raindog said:
Good grief, the way those three were flying up front! I know I shouldn't, but I can't help wondering.......

As I said tight at the start, Nibali was one of those initially named as a possible in the recent investigations, and Basso, well we know Basso is a proven cheat whose team ignored the request of the authorities not to employ him. Scarponi, well I don't know that there's any allegations against him, and he does look so utterly wasted away that something has to be keeping him going!

If you compare previous winners like Cunego who has been vociferous in speaking out on drugs recently, and who was dropped like a stone along with Evans and Sastre, I think there's more than enough wonder to go around.

Still doesn't stop me enjoying the race though.

As for Evans - no chance. Arroyo - he won't have the heart now - he knows he's done enough to please his team and hold his head up high. It's Basso now. Though I would love it if Cunego or Sastre could have the ride of their lives tomorrow and prove me wrong.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:angry: that's me at the bottom of the CC Fantasy league again. :biggrin:
I refused to "employ" :biggrin:;) the likes of Basso...
(ok some other poor choices, but that's a different kettle of fish, I am learning :smile:)

T

yello

raindog said:

You wouldn't be saying that elsewhere! There'd be sulks! :smile:

I guess you've got to wonder when you see the efforts some riders have to put in compared to the apparent ease of others.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed that stage whatever the contents of the bidons. More than any TdF stage I've seen in the last couple of years that's for sure. The Giro might well become my preferred GT!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Flying_Monkey said:
As I said tight at the start, Nibali was one of those initially named as a possible in the recent investigations, and Basso, well we know Basso is a proven cheat whose team ignored the request of the authorities not to employ him. Scarponi, well I don't know that there's any allegations against him, and he does look so utterly wasted away that something has to be keeping him going!

If you compare previous winners like Cunego who has been vociferous in speaking out on drugs recently, and who was dropped like a stone along with Evans and Sastre, I think there's more than enough wonder to go around.

Still doesn't stop me enjoying the race though.

As for Evans - no chance. Arroyo - he won't have the heart now - he knows he's done enough to please his team and hold his head up high. It's Basso now. Though I would love it if Cunego or Sastre could have the ride of their lives tomorrow and prove me wrong.

Well Scarponi has history!

Who knows!

Can anyone explain to me what on earth is going on with the advertised eurosport scheduling on Virgin cable?
When I switched on for yesterday's highlights I got football, when I switched on for today's I get a tennis programme. All the while the footer tells me I'm watching grand tour cycling. WTF???

Stig-OT-Dump said:
Can anyone explain to me what on earth is going on with the advertised eurosport scheduling on Virgin cable?
When I switched on for yesterday's highlights I got football, when I switched on for today's I get a tennis programme. All the while the footer tells me I'm watching grand tour cycling. WTF???
One word 'Eurosports', seriously they are bad for that.

Top Bottom