Giro d'italia SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
Blatant drafting by Forster on Bookwalter! Reminiscent of Bottrill on Wiggins last year at the BTTC.

Team Fiwip

Apparently Brailsford carried out an in depth performance analysis of the route and requested that the organises levelled the course and replaced the tarmac with the finest afzelia, alas they chose to ignore his demand

ChristinaJL

I'm hoping that Wiggins is saving himself for the tour, but I'm not that sure!! ;) Seem to remember seeing though that Sean Yates said the climbs in the Giro weren't suited to Wiggins as they're steeper and the tour longer less steep gradients. also think Wiggins said he'd see how he went regarding trying for the giro or not - plan was for the tour but if he went well, he'd not squander a good placing in the giro. no chance of that this year though. :biggrin:

Armstrong was pretty weak in last year's giro, wasn't he, so we can only hope for Wiggins to have a big improvement in July. :smile:

I've really enjoyed this giro, hard to see how a one horse Contador Tour can beat this. :tongue:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ther's an interview with Wiggins on cyclingnews, here where he explains his strategy and tactics in relation to the TdF. He may be right or be covering up but we'll only be able to tell in 6 weeks time.
His new shape, diet and training may mean that he's less good at ITTs than he used to be.
FWIW, Fiwip, I can't recall anyone being criticised on here for voicing an alternative point of view. People may be disagree with someone but everyone is allowed their own opinions.

Team Fiwip

I was criticised by a few when I first posted views on Sky, but I do remember rich p coming to my defence, thanx for that, even if u did post that I may have come across as 'a bit opinionated and gobby for a new boy' :wacko:

'If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.' (George Washington)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
We all know Wiggins is concentrating on the TdF but I can't see him getting higher than 3rd anyway.

There were some riders today (well in the whole Giro) who I just didn't quite believe - Pinotti in the mountains for one, and Nibali in general - putting in such a fast TT after really killing himself in the mountains... no, I don't think that was 100% legit. There are others too.

Top Bottom