Giro d'Italia **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Booyaa

Veteran
We were discussing who was going to win this today at work, I said Dan Martin.... I've lost before the end of the first stage. Poor Dan.

Sky have done a class A effort at ****ing things up again, just put on Sky Sports to catch the highlights from earlier...oh, and cricket is on. It's a good job they don't pour money into a team to sponsor their own products

Keith Oates

Janner
Really bad luck for Martin who I thought may have done quite well in the Giro this year. Hours of training and all ruined by a split second mishap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
That crash looked horrendous, very slippy roads though. Hope they're not too badly knocked about and are all back on the bike soon

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
I'll have you know @rich p that 2 weeks ago it was 20 degrees and fabulous in Norn Iron.
Apparently…

Back on the Dan Martin crash, it seems he touched wheels with the guy in front on a manhole cover.
We were 3 km from the end and not sure what was going on but you could almost tell something bad had happened because the time gap to Garmin was obviously much longer than for the others. They came through with 5 guys, then a couple a bit further back and one more I think after another team had passed. He looked in a bad way - I think it must have been Fernandez. Hats off to him for making it round as it seems he also broke something.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
This is far better conditions than a wet Milan San-Remo and equally as spectacular coastal scenery

Chapeau to the people of Northern Ireland for massive support despite the rain.
Mrs A and I considered going to today and taking a little ride out on the Antrim coast. After discovering that it was easier and cheaper to go to Italy and do it, we decided to base ourselves in Riva del Garda and visit from there instead. Having done about 20km in today's rain here in Staffordshire, I think we made the right choice!

OP
OP
thom

thom

____
Kittel gets it on a rainy day - sounds like there were no more injurious moments thankfully.

My favourite bit was the horses on the beach at Carnlough with riders dressed in Pink. Great to see so many people out to see the event. It is tempting to say something about events like these helping people becoming more outward looking - fingers crossed in that regard.

What I can say is there was genuine peace in Belfast yesterday. With the roads closed to traffic in what is the most congested city in the UK per head of population (taxi driver fact alert), it was great to be able to wander through the city centre without without incessant traffic noise ;-)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Must admit I thought Giant had cocked it up going into the last bend, with OGE setting it up nicely for Matthews, but Kittel made it look easy in the end.

Top Bottom