Giro helmets - huge appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
So here we are, 30 odd pages into the hijack of my niave post.

What have I learned? Helmet compulsion is a very emotive subject... I think thats about it? :whistle:

how can comparing helmets with fruit or tin hats be considered a hijack?
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
I like helmets - Helmets are cool (said in Matt Smith Dr Who voice)

Do you feel fast and a little sexy in your helmet... do you look at yourself in the mirror and wink before you go for a spin? :thumbsup: :blush:

LMAO, you are really mixed up with this whole thing aren't you. Your claim that a piece of fruit reduced pain and therefore is just as good as a cycle helmet is laughable and ridiculous. Your attempts to persuade me a helmet offers no benefit is to judge against tin foil hats and pieces of fruit, how can anyone take you seriously?

I never claimed it to justify helmet compulsion ever and you suggesting it was is yet again another laughable attempt to muddy the water.

Now, if your serious about your claim of fruit reducing pain , try out your experiment, if not how can you claim it will?

Wrong again...

I pointed out that a canteloupe has the same ability to reduce pain as a helmet when banging your head against a wall.

The claim it is therefore as good as a cycle helmet for other uses is your misinterpretation.... the stated outcome was to reduce pain

Pain reduction could also be achieved by strapping a pillow to your head, a large cheese, a small child, a juicy steak or a large rabbit. Again none of these is a cyle helmet, but do achieve the outcome of your experiment

The point is that your "experiment" did not prove anything.... why not admit it was really a very silly experiment?

OP
OP
tigger

tigger

Über Member
Simply a case of being there and assisting as required, escape is not an option.

Thats a shame. So if you don't cycle... why a cycling forum? I hear online bingo is popular and they have forum moderators

david k

Hi
Wrong again...

I pointed out that a canteloupe has the same ability to reduce pain as a helmet when banging your head against a wall. The only way you could know this is by banging your head against a wall whilst wearing a canteloupe on your head

The claim it is therefore as good as a cycle helmet for other uses is your misinterpretation.... the stated outcome was to reduce pain Is it as good as a cycle helmet, i have to take your word for it

Pain reduction could also be achieved by strapping a pillow to your head, a large cheese, a small child, a juicy steak or a large rabbit. Again none of these is a cyle helmet, but do achieve the outcome of your experiment again, i will take your word for it

The point is that your "experiment" did not prove anything it proved my head hurts less if i bang it on a wall whilst wearing a helmet.... why not admit it was really a very silly experiment because strapping a piece of steak to your head achieves the same outcome (your words not mine) you consider the original silly? Im trying to get your logic, it all seems fruit based?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom