Give up your car and get a ton for free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Nice idea. Although not having a car to begin with, if I lived there I'd still want my hundred quid.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
"Islington council is trying to encourage drivers to give up their cars and get on their bikes" and cycle on the pavement...

U

User169

"It (Islington Council) will give a voucher for £100 - enough to buy a basic bike..."

Nice idea, but £100 is a bit optimistic isn't it? I reckon you'd be lucky if £100 would cover a lock, some lights, some wet weather clothing and a helmet (if you're so inclined).

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have to say, £100 doesn't sound like a huge amount to me, and I'm not hugely well off. I can't imagine it means much to someone already paying £200 pa for parking, and living in London, where everything costs more - half a York parking permit would be about £40, so on that scale, it's really peanuts, isn't it?

Also, of course, not enough for a half decent bike (plus stuff like lock, pump, waterproof jacket - all the stuff we tell newbies to budget for), unless you go second hand...

Arch

Married to Night Train
On the other hand, of course, it's better than nothing, or a slap in the face with a wet haddock.

Top Bottom