Glasgow / Chris Hoy velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Manchester has wee transponder thing you can hire that will count how many laps you do.

i have a wheel and cadence sensor but you are not allowed the computer bit on the bars so you have to stick it on the seatpost or in your pocket then look at it after the ride. You'd likely be quite surprised at the average and top speeds you can get compared to a similar effort on the road.

Col5632

Guru
Passed Accred 3 last night, chainganging was a whole new world to me so got a bit confused with how that worked but once i got the hang of it it was great :thumbsup:

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Passed Accred 3 last night, chainganging was a whole new world to me so got a bit confused with how that worked but once i got the hang of it it was great :thumbsup:

Well done :smile:

Accred 3 for me was the most complicated one in terms of the drills done and learning new things whereas accred 4 is more about putting the new skills into practice. And also learning how to suffer behind a derny bike :biggrin:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
That's nice, but you may now forget about it, as you'll never be doing a chaingang on the track again ^_^

I believe the exercise is there in accred 3 just as a "soft" introduction to bunch riding - you'll be doing the real thing next time out...

Col5632

Guru
Well done :smile:

Accred 3 for me was the most complicated one in terms of the drills done and learning new things whereas accred 4 is more about putting the new skills into practice. And also learning how to suffer behind a derny bike :biggrin:

Callum did say it was the most complex one and 4 would be a "breeze" after it :laugh:

That's nice, but you may now forget about it, as you'll never be doing a chaingang on the track again ^_^

I believe the exercise is there in accred 3 just as a "soft" introduction to bunch riding - you'll be doing the real thing next time out...

Yeah he also said it was only to get used to riding in a bunch really, the pairs thing was quite good fun as was riding with 5 in a vertical line on the track

Martin McNeely

I'm doing my accred 1 tomorrow, wish I had seen this topic earlier.

Anyway, what do I need to take with me, is it just helmet shoes (look) and my kit? Was gonna just wear my club kit,is that the usual? How much cycling is done in the hour?

Cheers

Rasmus

Without a clever title
You could do accred 1 in shorts and a t-shirt if you wanted...

Helmet and shoes both free with the bike hire, but you can use your own as well. Just remember to take the peak off your helmet if it has one.

I've seen lots of people with club kit in the training sessions, not out of the ordinary at all.

The first session is all about getting used to the fixed gear bikes, and the basics of the track layout. You'll be doing a fair bit of riding, but it will be mostly at low speed.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
No problem, happy to help.

Your post reminded me that it's been way too long since I went down for a session - booked in for next Tuesday now :bicycle:

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
If you can try and book on to accred 2 straight after the session - from what ive heard the bottlenecks in the system have returned and it is taking some people months between the different stages.

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
There is a accred 2 straight after book it wouldn't allow me to be it. It's took me long enough to get a Accred 1

Yeah unfortunately the computer system doesnt allow it until after you pass the first one. However If you have the time and think you'll be ok for another hour in terms of fitness then it is worth having a word with the coach beforehand to ask if you can go on the accred 2 (assuming you pass the 1st one) if there are any cancellations or no shows. Of course other people will have the same idea so make sure you ask first :biggrin:

Martin McNeely

I've not been in yet but online there's space for next week so if I pass then I'll book it on the way out, do you know if they allow spectators in?

Top Bottom