Glasgow Cyclist tackles the barriers to cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guy's a tit - no argument.

Hands up, though - I could easily have got caught too. I'm racking my brains for any of those things I've gone through ... that DON'T have a clear space for bikes to get through? Can't think of any ... :huh:

Slick

Guru
I thought a tit was a bit extreme. Looked to me like he just got caught out from a sensor that doesn't recognise oncoming cyclists.

Slick

Guru
G78 here.

Will Spin

Über Member
Well, there's this king of ancient England, who decides to split his empire up and give it to his three daughters, one of whom does not show him respect so he cuts her out. The two other daughters start to turn against the king and each other, meanwhile the king descends into madness...oh hang on I was looking at the wrong video.

I don't see that he is a twat (sexist) or a twit (speciest). He just didn't expect the barrier to go down. The barrier is still vertical with a timestamp .06 and by the time he hits it is is still only .07. So that's less than 2 seconds to realise the barrier is coming down and to stop. Who is claiming they wouldn't hit it?

(I wouldn't, because I'm an over cautious cyclist and always assume the barrier is coming down. I also walk over cattle grids, so I'm not a typical cyclist)

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 10.58.27.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 10.58.01.jpg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It wisnae me, honest!

That is part of my commute so I know that the riders could have used either pavement as both have dropped kerbs, being part of NCN 7.
Did you spot the bollard on the pavement? It was put there by the hotel to stop drivers using it to bypass the control on exit (they charge £4 per day).

Anyway, I have an alibi for that day...

sorrento.jpg

Top Bottom