Glasgow's bridge to nowhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
This is a review for our new cycling facility.
Linky for non locals with background info here.
My review in a nutshell: I am not impressed! :angry:
You can go the same distance faster from/to central by riding along the Broomilaw till the cut off for charing cross: that small bridge could have done with some resurfacing instead.
The new cycle lane along Waterloo street is a hazard and a half, specially for new cyclists, with those confusing traffic lights.
For the experienced cyclist, the lane is a harassment and a half, may as well walk it, it's faster.
The bridge itself is very steep and winding, did not fancy it on my single speed coming back from charing cross, took the more panoramic river path.
Will it be maintained in the winter I ask myself? Most of it is exposed to the elements, crossing it on a bike when the wind is blowing will need better legs than mine for sure.
Great views if you're out on a poodle, not so great if you need to go places in a hurry or carry heavy stuff on the bike. On a trailer, with kids or cargo, I would not use it.
Anybody else been on it? What do you think?
Here are some pictures.

B1.jpg B2.jpg B3.jpg B4.jpg B5.jpg

Couple of views from above:

View1.jpg View2.jpg

Booyaa

Veteran
Not yet Pat, will get into town and give it a shot some time soon though. Sounds very disappointing though.

Top Bottom