glass on Manchesters' new cycleway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gatley lass

Über Member
I was disappointed to see lots of small pieces of glass littering the cycle way along Wilmslow Road ( near Christie hospital where I work). I've reported it on line to the council but the distribution of it made me think it may have been placed by disgruntled residents because it was on the area outside the drives! Hope not!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Tempts one to put tacks big enough to puncture car tyres across the edge of their drives, doesn't it? But two wrongs don't make a right.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I often see trails of glass on the Lancaster to Morecambe shared path... and it often looks like it's been placed deliberately rather than just a dropped beer bottle

mythste

Veteran
Ive seen a street sweeping cart spread a broken glass bottle into a line like that. I really don't want to be as cynical as to think its been done on purpose!

cycle_bug

thought i had something more to say
Why assume they're drivers? No reason to assume so.

Could be the common street chav, rife in Manchester

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Thankfully it is only a small number of people who are mindless, spiteful or find the disruption and upset of others satisfying. Schwalbe Marathon Plus anyone?

Just out of interest, who would you report something like this to? The local council?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Just out of interest, who would you report something like this to? The local council?
Yes. www.FixMyStreet.com and then you don't even need to worry about which is the correct council because it usually picks the right one for you.

OP
OP
Gatley lass

Gatley lass

Über Member
I did report the issue on the Manchester City Council website but I've also now reported it on the Fix my street website. thanks for the link mjr. At the moment I am going onto the road to avoid the areas then back on the cycle path!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was disappointed to see lots of small pieces of glass littering the cycle way along Wilmslow Road ( near Christie hospital where I work). I've reported it on line to the council but the distribution of it made me think it may have been placed by disgruntled residents because it was on the area outside the drives! Hope not!

The Fallowfield Loop is the same. It shredded my tyres, so I went for Durano Plus tyres. They got cut to bits, but no punctures. The council won't do anything.

Tempts one to put tacks big enough to puncture car tyres across the edge of their drives, doesn't it? But two wrongs don't make a right.

I do feel that a second wrong can correct the first wrong in certain circumstances.

Top Bottom