glass on Manchesters' new cycleway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
I hit a spoon in Manchester, dread to think what it had been used for. :unsure:
Yoghurt?

screenman

Legendary Member
The Sustrans route here was covered in road chipping mixed with glass, which explains why I so frequently give out inner tubes to people who cycle along it. Sustrans do know but have decided it is nothing to do with them.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The Sustrans route here was covered in road chipping mixed with glass, which explains why I so frequently give out inner tubes to people who cycle along it. Sustrans do know but have decided it is nothing to do with them.
To be fair, it was probably was the local countcil which did it, rather than Sustrans. It's annoying if Sustrans is refusing to do anything to help get it repaired, though.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cool: set the countcil on them, especially if it's a right of way.

Have you met anyone from Lincolnshire Council? total joke. They are as likely to come and check it as I am too win the lottery and I do not even buy a ticket, it has been reported by numerous people on numerous occasions.

Here is what somebody else wrote about it,
"We started off by using the winter NCN1 route. I have to say that the summer route has been surfaced using reclaimed road surface that has a lot of glass in it. I remarked on this last year and cannot believe anyone would think of using this on a cycle way ,never mind people walking dogs. What were they thinking Sustrans?

Leaway2

Lycrist
Why assume they're drivers? No reason to assume so.

Could be the common street chav, rife in Manchester
Any more talk like that and me and mi pitbull will be round for words.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Have you met anyone from Lincolnshire Council? total joke. They are as likely to come and check it as I am too win the lottery and I do not even buy a ticket, it has been reported by numerous people on numerous occasions.
If it's not reported, they definitely won't! It doesn't show up on https://highways.lincolnshire.gov.uk/highways/index.php or fixMyStreet.com

I'm not impressed by Lincs Council in my few dealings with them, but might as well report things.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I notice around here in Birmingham that there is glass everywhere - but particularly on the drop kerbs. There is a brand new bit of road around the back of the new library and what used to be the "college of food" - the road was only opened for about a day and the part that cyclists are supposed to use to get through (you know the awkward miles out of your way routes but they've got toucan crossings) were covered in glass - but it was all right on the slopes / drop kerbs - it looked suspiciously to me like bottles had deliberately been smashed right on these parts to cause the most damage to bike tyres - does that really happen though?

Top Bottom