Glass on the path!

If you see glass across the path, do you...

• Stop to check your tyres, then carry on.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Check your tyres, then warn other cyclists that you pass.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Check your tyres , then sweep it out of the way with your feet/ piece of twig/rubbish

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Feel pleased you didn't get caught out, then forget about it as it's not your problem.

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If alcohol was only allowed to be sold in boxes or cans instead of fragile glass bottles, there wouldn't be a problem. As a bonus, there'd be a lot less wounded patients in A&E after a Saturday night piss up, as well.
Exactly. If you absolutely need to drink from a glass, get a reusable glass cup.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
The place where I came across the glass, wasn't really in walking distance of any residential areas but it was close to some traffic lights, so I think it may have been thrown out of a vehicle and maybe why there was so many small pieces spread about.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Double groan!

And the small ones are the hardest to find!!

Fixed one, tyre went down again, fixed another, sigh.

Having used different bikes this week, ( vintage bike for world book day and my new Dawes), I have only got out the bike I was on last Sunday, this evening, to check it ready for a long group ride tomorrow. I put some lube on the chain and noticed that the tyre was soft when I had a quick ride to put it through the gears. Glad I did as I'm leaving at 9 in the morning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom