glasto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
What is wrong with how an average 51 year old woman looks?

Absolutely nothing in my opinion.

But there are plenty who seem to expect women pop stars (or often women in general) to spend a lot of time and effort on maintaining their youthful looks and figure.

But the same standards are not applied equally to guys.

I think you might already know this, but it does seem to need spelling out every five minutes, or it easily gets forgotten.

U

User6179

Absolutely nothing in my opinion.

But there are plenty who seem to expect women pop stars (or often women in general) to spend a lot of time and effort on maintaining their youthful looks and figure.

But the same standards are not applied equally to guys.

I think you might already know this, but it does seem to need spelling out every five minutes, or it easily gets forgotten.

Well if part of your act is putting on hot pants and wiggling your bum in the camera I expect they are going to get judged more on appearance than men.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Kylie has developed a powerful personality, projecting both sexuality and little girl next door vulnerability at the same time.

Half the male population want to have sex with her, and the other half want to protect her like a little sister.

Some twitter posts suggest women also rate her as a successful - and attractive - woman.

Add a boat load of damn good pop records and public acclaim for Kylie is assured.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Well if part of your act is putting on hot pants and wiggling your bum in the camera I expect they are going to get judged more on appearance than men.

And what gives you the right to judge any one else's bottom??

Whatever the owner of said bottom chooses to do with it, in the name of performance art, or for whatever purpose, however so clad?? .

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Kylie has developed a powerful personality, projecting both sexuality and little girl next door vulnerability at the same time.

Half the male population want to have sex with her, and the other half want to protect her like a little sister.

Some twitter posts suggest women also rate her as a successful - and attractive - woman.

Add a boat load of damn good pop records and public acclaim for Kylie is assured.

That's rather a broad brush summation of 'what men want to do' in regard to Kylie.

Perhaps you're projecting what you want, onto the rest of the male population.

I know many men who are indifferent to her supposed charms.

It's like saying all women swoon at the idea of George Clooney, or any such nonsense.

Of course she's is a popular, and successful entertainer, that's not in dispute, but to say that everyone feels a certain way about her, is nonsense.

AndyRM

XOXO
That's rather a broad brush summation of 'what men want to do' in regard to Kylie.

Perhaps you're projecting what you want, onto the rest of the male population.

I know many men who are indifferent to her supposed charms.

It's like saying all women swoon at the idea of George Clooney, or any such nonsense.

Of course she's is a popular, and successful entertainer, that's not in dispute, but to say that everyone feels a certain way about her, is nonsense.

Indifferent here. But Nick Cave? :wub:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Indifferent here. But Nick Cave? :wub:
I met him once you know. He judged my moustache.

winjim

Smash the cistern
As the saying goes

I wouldn't throw him out of bed for eating crisps -

- i might however nick some of his crisps tho ..:angel:
I'm going to suggest that if he's just sat in bed eating a packet of crisps, he might not have quite the same idea of the relationship that you do.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm going to suggest that if he's just sat in bed eating a packet of crisps, he might not have quite the same idea of the relationship that you do.

Well clearly you're on more intimate terms with Nick than I am, vis a vis, his preferred bedroom activities.

But even the most hoary old goat, needs a reviving snack now and then..

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I particularly like the fact that his low-slung pants will annoy the hell out of Daily Mail readers

Forsooth, and odds bodikins, good sir!!

How very dare you imply that the august members of CC would partake of such heinious twaddle??? :eek:

Top Bottom