Gloves for the milder days ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickL

Über Member
Hi can any one recommend any full fingered gloves for the milder days we seem to be having, I now ride a road bike on my commute so could with some thing that has decent padding on the palm for more comfort as I spend about 45 mins cycling.

oliglynn

Über Member
I picked up a cheapo pair of altura gloves for under a tenner in the sales last year, and they're really comfy (can't see them in the shops any more). I personally don't think you need to spend much on thinner full fingered gloves to get a decent pair.

I just went with some Sports Direct 5.99 specials, they've lasted a couple years so far and I've cycled all day in them comfertably. Although handily the index finger on both hand has a hole at the tip now - makes some things easier^_^

I've not tried them yet but I bought a cheap pair of Aldi running gloves and I'll wear my BG mitts over them on milder days, but I also like my Endura Strike (winter), Endura Stealth (wind proof) or Endura Full Monty's (full length summer gloves) on my road bike to give me good all season cover and dexterity. I think I would stick to the cheaper combo on the commute.

400bhp

Guru
I've not tried them yet but I bought a cheap pair of Aldi running gloves

This is what I have.

Put underneath of a pair of Aldi fingerless gloves, which I bought a size bigger for the purpose.

I have a couple of pairs of Decathlon £1 gloves for the same job and a pair of Decathlon inner glove liners too.

Davidc

Guru
I have a pair of Lidl £3 "MTB Gloves" which are full-fingered and have lasted over a year, they're good when it's not quite warm enough for mitts, and a pair of £10 in sale Altura gloves (probably same as oliglynn) when it's a bit colder than that.

So far this winter I've only worn my really warm thermal ones once, but that's partly lack of oportunities for riding. When I have been out the thinner ones have been perfectly adequate.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I just went with some Sports Direct 5.99 specials, they've lasted a couple years so far and I've cycled all day in them comfertably. Although handily the index finger on both hand has a hole at the tip now - makes some things easier^_^

I have some of them also. I think that they are made by Dunlop. Mine have been great for the cash.

OP
OP
MickL

MickL

Über Member
Cheers for the info guys.

Top Bottom