GMTV - bike licencing poll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And LOGAN 4 - pedestrians don't jaywalk in the UK, they have just as much right to use the public highway as we do, and rightly so. I'd hate to see a law like that introduced, it would make us far too much like America.

So what makes them think they have the right to cross like idiots then and put other people at risk?

Sorry BM but I have seen too many peds lying in the road (after being hit) and it was nothing to do with me either.

redfox

I hate these pointless polls (voted no by the way), which they are presumably inanely referring to at slow moments in the show (all of it).

Each time I get more determined to write a little routine that casts the desired vote. deletes the resulting cookie and repeats n times.

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
redfox said:
Each time I get more determined to write a little routine that casts the desired vote. deletes the resulting cookie and repeats n times.

;):biggrin::biggrin:

Then publish it so we can all use it!!!

LOGAN 5

BentMikey said:
In fairness lots of peds do get near misses and quite a few get hit by cyclists going through crossings and lights, so this reaction is not surprising. License plates won't fix the problem though.

And LOGAN 4 - pedestrians don't jaywalk in the UK, they have just as much right to use the public highway as we do, and rightly so. I'd hate to see a law like that introduced, it would make us far too much like America.

By jaywalking i was referring to them crossing at inappropriate places and not using proper crossing points. Not that it's against the law here as I know it isn't. Having a right to be in the road doesn't mean they can irresponsibly launch themselves into the traffic stream and cross whenever/wherever they want with total disregard for everyone elses safety. We've all seen people who do it. (Even saw a ped walking against the traffic stream around the Aldwych dodging the cars which of course couldn't really work out which way he would dodge next himself. Never knew if he ended up being scraped into a body bag or not.)

However, jaywalking is against the law in Denmark I believe and it's amazing how people just wait for the ped light before crossing. It would be safer for everybody if peds crossed at the right places when the lights allowed them to. What is so undesirable about that?

walker

If a cycle was to get a licence how big would it have to be? there is no point making a licence thats going to be fit enough for a cycle as no one could see it. and you can't stick one that you get on cars or motor bikes as it would cause drag and get picked up in a strong wind, causing more accidents with the weaker cyclists getting pulled about by the wind.

I would be fore it if the vehicles On London's Streets was around 75% cyclist. till then idiotic idea

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Terminator said:
So what makes them think they have the right to cross like idiots then and put other people at risk?

Sorry BM but I have seen too many peds lying in the road (after being hit) and it was nothing to do with me either.

My post wasn't about pedestrians being stupid, but rather intolerance from cyclists. Sometimes it seems to me that cyclists can be just as bad on pedestrians as the more rabid drivers are towards us. It's about the angry and impatient cyclist not sharing the road with pedestrians, not the sort of incident you suffered from.

spindrift

seems the lady shold take more care crossing the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the mad old bat was probably staggering into the road to piss herself.

JamesAC

Voted No.

Y 41
N 59 (ish)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Voted no, but if it were to become a legal requirement I'd comply with it.

I sincerely doubt it would change the way cyclists are treated by the sort of motorist calling for this though.

Slim

Über Member
wafflycat said:
Of course, one could vote many times from the same computer should one delete the cookies from one's computer. But not that I in anyway recommend multiple voting.

10 NO votes just added (most productive part of my day).

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Living in Lundun I have often wondered the merits of some sort of mandatory insurance/licence for the rider and not the bike.
My thinking behind this was to get recognition as a road user from Taxi drivers who, in my experience, regard themselves above showing consideration to cyclists on the grounds that we pay no road tax.

T x

AtmoLav

Where the fudge, in reality, on a bike, are you supposed to put a registration plate? How's it going to stay on? Seriously? It would need to be as big as a car plate to be seen. What a completely ridiculous idea.

Top Bottom