Going Pedelec: the machine arrives this week😳

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Just realized this morning when I jumped into the car that it was the first time since last Saturday to do a big shop. Everything else in between has been on 2 wheels👍

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
So first 1000km done by tomorrow and therefore the needed first (and free) service (well just a tighten up really) no real need as i keep on top of it but required for the warranty.

Anyway TT’d my way home this evening, it was certainly a sweaty one on full gas all the way but managed to get under the targeted 30mins mark:

CC88A24B-907B-4019-9014-E541BBD556C7.jpeg

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Quick update as I’ve had the bike now almost exactly 1yr. Switched back to the summer tyres a few months back but only after 1 pretty big off early one icy morning… my fault for taking a shortcut over a painted road marking (triangle) at 5am, ground frost must have been just enough and the front wheel went. Only some minor scratches on the brake lever and pedal but otherwise she survived well.

Have had the bike back at the LBS as there’s been an annoying intermittent fault with the torque sensor which fingers crossed has now been resolved 🤞

So in the last 12 months I’ve managed 4200km on my commute and with an average of commuting 2.5 times a week, the other days I’m travelling by other methods and not at the office so overall happy with that and the objective now is to maintain it.

Average speed has been 37.2kmh over that distance and that when carrying a lot of gear. My panniers are around 8kgs as i tend to take more things than i need but one day you never know…. (Spare this, spare that etc etc)

It‘s still serious fun to jump on this bike and that even after a long 12hrs day at the office and a 22km 300m elevation commute ahead of you, that motor kicking in is quite a buzz !

Also I’ve pretty much mastered my efforts by using my power meter on the bike and mapping what effort i need to do for a certain training activity, the motor takes up the slack and the variable becomes my final speed.

Fastest return commute: 22km over the 300m elevation is so far 42kmh and made it in just under 30mins. Reckon i can better that but only with a tail wind so that will have to wait until next Spring.

A great 12 months on this bike and looking forward to the next 👍🏻

IMG_4235.jpeg

Top Bottom