Going to the office this morning at 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

and there was a huge queue outside the Apple shop in Glasgow. Asked a guy what was going on and he said the launch of the ipad and he'd been there since last night :biggrin: For a glorified iphone. Why!!!

Mrs Greedo asks as she was with me going to the gym before starting her work what was it. I said "aye the guy said they are launching a new womans thing called an i-ron that you run over clothes that takes the creases out of them." as her gym gear was a bit creased.

"Oh right!" then 2 min pause then a "you're a pr*ck" that's twice I've been called that this week. :smile::laugh:

MrRidley

Greedo said:
and there was a huge queue outside the Apple shop in Glasgow. Asked a guy what was going on and he said the launch of the ipad and he'd been there since last night :biggrin: For a glorified iphone. Why!!!

Mrs Greedo asks as she was with me going to the gym before starting her work what was it. I said "aye the guy said they are launching a new womans thing called an i-ron that you run over clothes that takes the creases out of them." as her gym gear was a bit creased.

"Oh right!" then 2 min pause then a "you're a pr*ck" that's twice I've been called that this week. :smile::laugh:

Only twice, it take it's been a good week then.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

bhoyjim said:
[/B]

Only twice, it take it's been a good week then.

I'll take that as a thinly veiled one so that's me at 3 for the week now :laugh:

You being a fellow tim as well. Shame on you;)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Crazy isn't it Greedo. People queuing overnight to get their hands on some gadget that they're told (and which they believe) will change their life.

Debian

Moodyman said:
Crazy isn't it Greedo. People queuing overnight to get their hands on some gadget that they're told (and which they believe) will change their life.

Apple.

A marketing triumph of {dubious} style over substance aimed at sheep.

MrRidley

Greedo said:
I'll take that as a thinly veiled one so that's me at 3 for the week now :bicycle:

You being a fellow tim as well. Shame on you;)

Not at all, i was merely refering to the amount of people on here that get wound up by your mixture of wind-up threads, and utter s***e that you post on a daily basis, me i don't know you well enough to call you a p***k, but seen as your a tim, i doubt you are :laugh:

Coco

Greedo said:
I'll take that as a thinly veiled one so that's me at 3 for the week now :biggrin:

Make that 4.

Nah, only joking. the world needs more Greedos...
...just not this one :wacko:

Debian said:
Apple.

A marketing triumph of {dubious} style over substance aimed at sheep.

Tell Joe Public how much you spent on your bike gear and see if they have a different reaction.

Debian

Coco said:
Tell Joe Public how much you spent on your bike gear and see if they have a different reaction.

1. Define "bike gear".

2. Explain why Apple products are superior to other competing products and then further explain why apple products are worth 2 - 4 times the price of the competing products.

Coco

1 Bike and accessories. (although I do now see the confusion)
2 Don't recall saying anything about Apple's value for money or superior quality. Merely saying that an awful lot of people would ask exactly the same questions about the vast majority of cycling purchases.

Debian

Coco said:
1 Bike and accessories. (although I do now see the confusion)
2 Don't recall saying anything about Apple's value for money or superior quality. Merely saying that an awful lot of people would ask exactly the same questions about the vast majority of cycling purchases.

My main MTB I bought on Ebay for half shop price. I also own a ten year old GT converted for commuter duties and a 20+ year old Peugeot hack.

My cycle clothing, such as it it I buy from Lidl / Aldi. All my bike tools, helmets, pumps, etc I buy from Lidl / Aldi

Parts and accessories I buy from the cheapest reasonable vendor of suitably durable parts.

In other words I'm not a cycle "fanboy" who is the victim of cult marketing.

Apart from the fact that operationally, apart from maybe the iPod, Apple products are not as functional as cheaper competitors and are vastly overpriced, I cannot abide the quasi-religious control freakery that Steve Jobs imposes on his customers. A control-freakery that if it were applied to any other product - a car or washing machine perhaps - sane people would be up in arms about and Rogue Traders would probably produce a special program. The whole setup is Orwellian and creepy.

Not to mention the suicides and mass depression at the Apple manufacturing plant in China.

Coco

Touched a nerve have I?

Factually incorrect rant, but entertaining none the less. Keep up the good work.

Hey Greedo, this winding up is a dawdle;)

Top Bottom