Good bikes for children

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven1988

Veteran
Looking at the 'Wild Bikes' above and at the like for like to what I got my daughter, they look very in spec apart from thumb shifters instead of gripshift and being uglier than the Carrera. Add to that the 'reduced' price of the Wild is £220, and we got the Carrera Saruna in store for £130.

I really don't understand the price point being a problem, £220 on a bike that ignites the passion of cycling, is surely better than a 100 quid BSO that puts a kid off for the next few years.

I bet you didn't spend 100 quid on your last bike.

Also if its built by Calibre, Go Outdoors bike brand, it will be an amazing piece of kit for the money (I.E 200 quid less than the equivalent ISLA)

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Something to bear in mind is the total cost of ownership, (as opposed to simply the purchase price) so it will be interesting to see how these new arrivals maintain their residual value.

steven1988

Veteran
Something to bear in mind is the total cost of ownership, (as opposed to simply the purchase price) so it will be interesting to see how these new arrivals maintain their residual value.

It certainly will but if you look at the resale price of an Islabike if you buy it new i bet you loose a lot less.

EG Islabike Beinn 24 new price is £439 resale is around the 275 300 mark loosing around 140 to 175 pounds

Equivalent Wild bike costs 240 quid even if you only get half back you are still at least 20 quid up

Sixmile

Veteran
I really don't understand the price point being a problem, £220 on a bike that ignites the passion of cycling, is surely better than a 100 quid BSO that puts a kid off for the next few years.

I bet you didn't spend 100 quid on your last bike.

Also if its built by Calibre, Go Outdoors bike brand, it will be an amazing piece of kit for the money (I.E 200 quid less than the equivalent ISLA)

My point... I sure as heck wouldn't spend £220 on something that I could get for £130. Maybe you're different.

And you're right, my last brand new bike was £200.

IMG_20180923_135931.jpg

Top Bottom