Good deed for the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I've just rescued a bee from drowning in Bottoms reservoir (and stopped the dog eating it).

What was yours?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Helped a little old lady off the bus and carried her shopping for her across the road to her house, which was way past my house (Ok 100yds). Honestly.
Can I get a boy scout badge ?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Saved a big beetle (poor thing was mite infested) and didn't kill a wasp when I had the chance...which is very rare...I really, really hate wasps.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Fab Foodie said:
Saved a big beetle (poor thing was mite infested) and didn't kill a wasp when I had the chance...which is very rare...I really, really hate wasps.

How do you get rid of mites from insects, as I have noticed this a few times?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
longers said:
How do you get rid of mites from insects, as I have noticed this a few times?

Sorry, should have been more accurate...saved it from getting trampled in our foyer, was upside-down right by the revolving door and removed it to a hedge outside. One of our QC guys is into this stuff and apparently the mites would slowly kill the beetle and nothing could be done. Other than that I know no more. Never seen a beetle infested in such a way before though...

nothing today... but i did save a damselfly the other week. it had fallen in a lake in richmond park and i scooped it out. it sat on my finger and buzzed its wings until they were dry and then flew off.

L

bonj2

stevenb said:
Did my company a favour by going into work today. :biggrin:

That's nothing, I actually did some work!

And I instantly swallowed two insects that flew into my mouth to put them out of their misery instead of savouring the taste of them.

I must be better than Gandhi.

perhaps i should explain the good deed that could'nt be fulfilled...i stopped to help a fellow cyclist yesterday morning thinking he had a flat, rolled up and offered my inner tube only to see his look road bike completely f**ked, every single tube on the frame had come away and broken...the guy was o.k and in good shape but my comment of 'i don't think duct tape will fix that mate' went down like a you know what...i guess i tried to help if nothing else!

ChrisKH

Guru
A huge dragonfly flew into the kitchen last night as I was eating dinner and exhausted itself trying to find an exit and fell on its back unable to right itself.

So I pulled off the wings and ate it whole. Mmnnnn crunchy.

[I helped it out of the window obviously]

Top Bottom