Good fingerless gloves needed for my drop bar bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gussington

Hi all,
Currently using some Knog gloves that always seemed to work well on my flat barred hybrid, but having changed to a drop bar tourer, I am looking for some gloves that have padding towards the thumbs where I am currently aching a lot after long rides.

Am happy to spend decent money if the gloves are good and will last a long time. Spotted a review for 'Giro Monaco' mitts http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=61336 which I like the look of, but haven't found anywhere to try a pair on.

Anyone got any experience of the Giro Monaco's - or any other fingerless gloves that I should try?

gussington

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Specialized BG Gel mitts get good reviews and are well made.

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=61617

barongreenback

Über Member
Just ordered a pair of the Monaco mitts after a good review on cycling plus. Had to order from the US as I wanted XXL and no-one in the Uk had them in stock. Will hopefully arrive in the next couple of days so will let you know how I get on with them.

rb58

Enigma
Can't tell you which ones to buy, as I have several and they're all quite good. However, a pair to avoid are the Goretex leather (retro looking) gloves. Fit really well, padding in the right places etc. but if they get wet (which they will) then the dye comes out all over your hands. Not cheap either!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Another for the BG gel mitts - I've three pairs of those, (2x BG Comp, 1x BG Pro) and the padding is very well positioned, imo.

I like the Pro slightly more, but the comp is fine too.

lejogger

Guru
I have the Altura Pro Gel. A bit cheaper than the specialized, but they have very good padding which is what I believe you're after.

(Granted I've not seen the padding on the spesh)

lesley_x

Über Member
My Mavic gloves have been serving me well for the past year
thumbsup.png

monnet

Guru
+1 for the Specialized BG gloves. Been using them for years and love them (think I'm using the Comps).

Prendas own brand mitts are good too.

Top Bottom