Good mitts around £10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Hi everyone,

I'm going to get some mitts as a birthday present for a friend who is getting into (road) cycling.

Looking for some recommendations.... due to a necessary personal regime of austerity, and because we don't do big presents, I need to get some for £10 or less- preferably with postage included in that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for decent mitts I can get online at that price?

Also, what sort of size do people usually go for? I'd say he has normal man-sized hands but I don't know about such things as mine are unusually small. Is L the standard for a comfortable fit?

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Really need to try them on, make sure they are returnable

T4tomo

Legendary Member
L is fairly standard, but idealy needs to be returnable as if so tight they aint comfy and if too large or ill fitting they can ruck up around the thumb / palm which is equally uncomfy.

OP
OP
Starchivore

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I'm not blessed with great local shops options and am quite busy this weekend so won't have much of a chance to go to the shops to look.... but I do know one place near work so I'll have a quick look at lunch today or tomorrow. I suspect the shop might be out of my budget but I'll check. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

vickster

Legendary Member
Could always buy a couple of sizes and return the ones that don't fit, assuming you have some credit card space

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4445124, member: 259"]Dunno, I always go to the shop.[/QUOTE]
I don't think there is one anywhere near Hebden Bridge

MPChurch

Regular
I picked up a set of BTwin fingerless mitts in Decathlon, pretty sure for less than £10. They're light and airy, not much bulky padding, no velco and far more comfortable than I expected. Not an absolutely amazing glove but very good vfm. If they last 2 years or so, got to be worth it!

Top Bottom