1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good news for London cyclists

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 11 Feb 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...more cycle lanes...park and ride schems (ride a bike that is)...and wide cycle only lanes on roads...as well as 20mph speed limits in cycle areas...great stuff and about time too...WTG Ken...

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I'm taking the 'wait and see' policy.

3. pzycoman

pzycoman New Member

I second that notion, with a hint of "Its not gunna be anything like they promised" policy

4. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

5. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Fair play though, Ken has a track record of successfully delivering changes and innovations that other politicians shied away from.

Look at the CG , The Tour de France, etc

6. walker

walker New Member

20mph speed limit is no good for me as my commute doubles as my training time, friggin Ken ***Shakes fist****

7. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

I agree that Ken has put some really good measures in place, but this has come as a surprise to the local councils that will have to find the roads and space and the funding to put these cycle measures in place. It could be a bit of blatent electioneering sseing as he is up for re-election in May. He has no real opposition though unless you are a Boris supporter.

8. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Elections anyone???

9. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

The thought of Boris wielding power in the Capital is really rather horrifying.

10. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

As I have found to my surprise lately, if the road that the route/facility is running on is a 'Red Route' then any funding will come under the duristiction of Transport for London and not that of the borough that the road is in.

T x